NFL Coach of the Year?

First, I hate Coach of the Year awards because they usually go to a guy that takes a team that was not thought of as being a playoff team and gets them in the playoffs. Meanwhile, a coach that makes the playoffs every year gets overlooked.

So who gets it? If you pick Adam Gase of the Miami Dolphins just remember Marvin beat his team soundly this year. If you pick Jason Garrett did he suddenly become a better coach this year...............or did Dallas just draft better than anyone else?

First, I hate Coach of the Year awards because they usually go to a guy that takes a team that was not thought of as being a playoff team and gets them in the playoffs. Meanwhile, a coach that makes the playoffs every year gets overlooked.

So who gets it? If you pick Adam Gase of the Miami Dolphins just remember Marvin beat his team soundly this year. If you pick Jason Garrett did he suddenly become a better coach this year...............or did Dallas just draft better than anyone else?

With that criteria then there ain't one

Has Belichick ever won it? I think 75% of NFL fans would tell you he is the best head coach in the NFL. Why would he not win it this year? 14-2 with his QB out for 4 games and he is undefeated since his second best player went down (Gronk). I say Belichick should win it most years and certainly this year...

Has Belichick ever won it? I think 75% of NFL fans would tell you he is the best head coach in the NFL. Why would he not win it this year? 14-2 with his QB out for 4 games and he is undefeated since his second best player went down (Gronk). I say Belichick should win it most years and certainly this year...

Cheaters should never be allowed to win it :)

I'd go with Jack Del Rio.

Same! His decisions this year directly won them games. They were in so many close games in the 4th quarter, and countless times he went for it on 4th down, went for the win by going for 2 point conversions, etc and they basically paid off each time. Those decisions won him games. Now those decisions could have also cost them and they could have only been a 6 win team. However those decisions proved to be the right ones this year. So I agree he deserves it imo.

Andy Reid. As always though won't win it and the Chiefs will never get the respect they earn. Beat Oakland twice with Carr, also won at Atlanta. No Jamaal Charles, 2 starters on the defensive line out for the season since week 4, and won the toughest division in football this year.

Andy Reid. As always though won't win it and the Chiefs will never get the respect they earn. Beat Oakland twice with Carr, also won at Atlanta. No Jamaal Charles, 2 starters on the defensive line out for the season since week 4, and won the toughest division in football this year.

That's a good point on Reid, makes it easier to eliminate Del Rio.

And the Dolphins soundly beat the Steelers earlier this year, what's the criteria now? :idunno: