Holmes 44 Holy Cross 43

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really sloppy game by both. These two struggled to put it in the hole. The difference in this one was Holmes causing turnovers. Holy Cross stayed in the game by hitting the offensive boards. HC had three chance at the end, just didn't get a good look. Holmes defense was tough on the last shot.

Both teams played hard. Holmes gets most of their offense in transition. They just won't shoot it. I thought they passed up a lot of good shots. Way too patient for me. Holy Cross has to protect the ball better. They didn't shoot it well tonight at all.

Holmes will struggle without Hollis. May be a while for him to return. Big doghouse he is in.

Smallest crowd I have ever witnessed for a Holmes, Holy Cross game, nothing like the good ole days when you had to get in line by 5 pm, thought both teams played hard, just couldn't score.

I pulled in the jr. high lot at 6:45 and there were 4 cars. I thought I had looked at the schedule wrong and got out the Scoreboard to double check to make sure it was at Holmes and not HC. Disappointing crowd to say the least.

While Holmes did cause HC to turn the ball over sometime, a lot of HC turnovers were unforced, especially in the first quarter, which led to Holmes getting points off turnovers in transition. Holmes also had some unforced turnovers as well.

While Holmes did cause HC to turn the ball over sometime, a lot of HC turnovers were unforced, especially in the first quarter, which led to Holmes getting points off turnovers in transition. Holmes also had some unforced turnovers as well.

Yes, it was a very sloppy game for both. Many were unforced early. I bet HC only took 2-3 shots in the first 6 minutes. They probably had 10-12 possessions. It was brutal. Holmes was the same beginning the 3rd.

I saw a bit of a difference in this game from previous HC games. A turn for the better I hope. Am I the only person who sees what happens when Schrand puts in "shooters" in the last seconds before a quarter or half or end of game?

HC will struggle to win games if they can't get anybody in double figures outside of a Soph.

They struggle because almost every thing they do is designed to get a shooter a good open look instead of trying to get the ball inside first, which could get a bucket or collapse the defense to the middle which would open up the shooter any way. This team doesn't pass the ball well enough or fast enough to get open looks on the perimeter. COACH THE KIDS YOU HAVE AND WHAT THEY CAN DO BEST, NOT WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO BE AND WHAT THEY CAN'T DO. that is what makes a great coach, being able to coach what you have and be competitive.