"Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections"

Habib

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two interesting parts the Democrat party intially refused to give FBI the servers and no voting machines were hacked.

So we can stop with the Russians stole the election.

You mean the DNC/Clintons can stop with the Russians stole the election. No one on here is saying that or has said that in a long long time.

You mean the DNC/Clintons can stop with the Russians stole the election. No one on here is saying that or has said that in a long long time.

It wasn't directed at a specific poster . I just read and watch to much news. There is still a strong sentiment out there.

I like to think if Laetner wasn't there to take the shot then there is no miracle to constantly replay during March Madness. :taz:

Point is, stolen or not, Americans were manipulated by our strongest adversary:

1. We have to be aware this is a possibility in future elections and not bathe in the river of denial.

2. Watch POTUS Trump and his Russia dealings very closely.

Edited by Hellcats

Governments manipulate, that's what they do. The Russians do it, the Chinese do it, the North Koreans do it. The biggest toad in the puddle is the U.S. Americans whining about this would be like me playing in a pick up game at Wyandotte Park and complaining about being hand checked. Shut up and play!

The shock of the Clinton loss still has not wore off. There is alot of truth in this. You can see it in the news, or most of them with the commentary. They want to find a reason why this happened that would explain away a Trump win. In the war of espionage, which all parties in the world partake, the DNC got rolled. Now do I think it affected any ones vote, I doubt it very seriously, as some forget how hard the lines were drawn and it was early when the lines were drawn. Am I for any country hacking us? NO. But I am glad the corruption that is the Democratic party was exposed regardless of how it happened? Just because it was another country that exposed part of us for being corrupt does that make us any less corrupt? Bad part is that the Democrats are not apologetic for being some of the most corrupt people ever caught, they are whining that they got exposed. How do you all think this makes us look as a country to the world?

I'm going to disagree with Jesse on the fact that people can't get over the Trump victory. I think most of America, while not thrilled with the idea, has moved on. Now that doesn't mean President Trump is not going to be questioned/criticized/critiqued/doubted. He is making that easy so it's going to happen. But that doesn't mean everyone is trying to "explain away a trump win." That's obvious as to why he won.

BUT....I do take issue with President Trump and supporters always saying "it had no impact." If it had no impact why did Candidate Trump constantly bring it up on the campaign trail? Of course the exposed info had an impact on some voters. Did it WIN the election? I'm sure some stat heads could dive into a few key flipped states and try to make that argument. My response would be "be a better candidate and not allow it to be that close in states you should have won."

I also chuckle at the "well I don't like Russia interfering BUT...my guy won" argument. It's simply un-American to be OK with another country attempting to get involved. Period.

"Most corrupt" is also hyperbole and a stretch. Politics behind the scenes are ugly which we knew. This just gave us examples. Are we to assume only one side is ugly? Of course not. It's the ol' "I don't want to really know how a hot dog is made" thing.

I'm going to disagree with Jesse on the fact that people can't get over the Trump victory. I think most of America, while not thrilled with the idea, has moved on. Now that doesn't mean President Trump is not going to be questioned/criticized/critiqued/doubted. He is making that easy so it's going to happen. But that doesn't mean everyone is trying to "explain away a trump win." That's obvious as to why he won.

BUT....I do take issue with President Trump and supporters always saying "it had no impact." If it had no impact why did Candidate Trump constantly bring it up on the campaign trail? Of course the exposed info had an impact on some voters. Did it WIN the election? I'm sure some stat heads could dive into a few key flipped states and try to make that argument. My response would be "be a better candidate and not allow it to be that close in states you should have won."

I also chuckle at the "well I don't like Russia interfering BUT...my guy won" argument. It's simply un-American to be OK with another country attempting to get involved. Period.

"Most corrupt" is also hyperbole and a stretch. Politics behind the scenes are ugly which we knew. This just gave us examples. Are we to assume only one side is ugly? Of course not. It's the ol' "I don't want to really know how a hot dog is made" thing.

Excellent post!

Who has said this?

And when it comes to foreign involvement - how much foreign money made its way into campaign? Not even asking if - for either campaign. But how much foreign when to which candidate over the last few elections and especially this last one. Every single cent of foreign money that gets into campaign is an illegal act. But that was definitely ignored the last few cycles and this cycle.

And why did the DHS run scans and probes against some states election systems? Georgia, Kentucky, etc. acknowledge outside entity was at least probing their systems - but was the Federal government, not any foreign nation and not the Russians.

The Russians did not make people show up in enormous numbers in certain areas giving Trump a 10% or more boost over Romney and McCain. The reason for the win had absolulty zero, zero to do with any attack on the polling infrastructure. The next issue cited is 'influence' in relation to the Podesta emails. And it has been repeated stated that Russia was not involved with that.

I see no one rationalizing true, proven foreign attacks on the voting infrastructure. it is as intolerable as blatant large scale voter fraud (which we see in Michigan during the recounts) and the use of secret software that can reshuffle results in minutes (FractionMagic and Memphis).

Obviously some states take reasonable care of their polling infrastructure if the Russians were directly, blatently attacking the states systems some of the states would definitely know it. Just like they knew they were being attacked and probed by the DHS.

I personally think it had little effect on the election. The Russians could have come out and ran ads for Trump and I would not have voted for Clinton, nor would any other person I know have changed their vote(not saying there might not have been one). Very few people in this election were on the fence in this election, and certainly not enough to have swayed it one way or another. Both candidates were flawed. It all came down to middle America. The Clintons corruptness was already a known factor even before the Project Veritas videos came out. The email server was a known fact and whoever it was, Russians etc, only exposed that more. The worse part of all this is the denials by the Democrats to come clean and admit wrongdoing and trying to deflect and act like they were the victims. They were not the victims, they were exposed and for that I am happy.

I like to think if Laetner wasn't there to take the shot then there is no miracle to constantly replay during March Madness. :taz:

Point is, stolen or not, Americans were manipulated by our strongest adversary:

1. We have to be aware this is a possibility in future elections and not bathe in the river of denial.

2. Watch POTUS Trump and his Russia dealings very closely.

Americans were not manipulated by Russia. So America is stupid and Russia has mind control over us? You just can't get that America voted against all the runaway liberal policies and didn't want someone like Hillary anywhere near the Whitehouse. American's just want to be left alone to live their lives, not have some old woman screeching at them telling them how bad they are. Had something like that for the last 8 years. How many things do you need permission from government to do in this country. We need less not more. Land of the free my butt.