8th Region Rankings/Recap

Was wondering if I am just missing the 8th region recap/rankings or if we do not have anyone covering the 8th? It seems like all other NKY regions are covered pretty well, would like to know what things are looking like in the 8th since we have a lot of teams in the 8th that play teams in the 9th and 10th regularly.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was wondering if I am just missing the 8th region recap/rankings or if we do not have anyone covering the 8th? It seems like all other NKY regions are covered pretty well, would like to know what things are looking like in the 8th since we have a lot of teams in the 8th that play teams in the 9th and 10th regularly.

@8th Region Warrior has done the recap in previous weeks, and looked to have accidentally posted the beginning of the Christmas break recap yesterday. It only covered the top two teams, so I'm assuming there was an unintentional or premature "Submit New Thread."

Wanted to apologize, I wrote up about 3 pages for the Christmas Break and when I posted the article it only did the first 2 teams, lost the whole thing, so instead of re-doing the 2 weeks, I am doing an extra one for next week. I wanted to thank Guru again for wiping the article clean from BGP, I am sure that some saw it and thought what the?? Here are my rankings, more to come Monday, once again sorry. I really do it for the kids, and some had monster games over the break, I will mention those next week. Here are my thoughts on top 10

1. South Oldham

2. Collins

3. Oldham County

4. Anderson County

5. Simon Kenton

6. Walton Verona

7. Gallatin County

8. Spencer County

9. Willimastown

10. Grant County

Wanted to apologize, I wrote up about 3 pages for the Christmas Break and when I posted the article it only did the first 2 teams, lost the whole thing, so instead of re-doing the 2 weeks, I am doing an extra one for next week. I wanted to thank Guru again for wiping the article clean from BGP, I am sure that some saw it and thought what the?? Here are my rankings, more to come Monday, once again sorry. I really do it for the kids, and some had monster games over the break, I will mention those next week. Here are my thoughts on top 10

1. South Oldham

2. Collins

3. Oldham County

4. Anderson County

5. Simon Kenton

6. Walton Verona

7. Gallatin County

8. Spencer County

9. Willimastown

10. Grant County

Life happens. Keep up the great work!

I'm a little shocked you still have Spencer County so low? 10-4 and lost to South Oldham by three points? Three of their four losses are against teams ranked in the top 20 in the state. South Oldham twice and Bullitt East.

Edited by Cardsrule1972

The Desales win has turned out to be a pretty good win. Considering Spencer County is so young, I would say losing by 29 to South Oldham the first time and three weeks later losing by three shows signs that this young team is starting to get it. Wins don't always tell the story. How you lose to certain teams can be very telling. I'll go on record saying Spencer County will end up being a top 5 team in the region by years end. I agree that South Oldham and Collins deserve the top two spots. After that--3 through 8 can beat each other on any given night. Friday's game between Spencer County and Collins and Spencer's next game against Oldham should give us some insight as both those teams will be heavily favored.

Edited by Cardsrule1972

Don't think they will reach the top 5, its okay to be excited Cardsrule, Spencer has not been in the regional tourney in 7 years so we understand the excitement. They have a tough district to play in, where the district is held at Collins this year. Young players do get better, but they are that young players, and middle school season is almost over, they are used to being done about now. High-school is a grind, Desales is a good win, I give you that but overall the schedule is really weak, look at February and tell me how that prepares you? I still think Spencer is dangerous, I said that last year and they should of beaten Anderson first round. But top 5 just not happening this season.

You have them eighth that's three spots from where they are now. That's not some incredible jump. I think your giving Anderson style points from last year. What have they done this year to deserve your number four spot? All you can do to compare teams if they haven't played is to look at common opponents. So-- Spencer and Anderson have both played Danville and South Oldham. Spencer beat Danville by more than Anderson and Spencer lost to South Oldham by 3 while Anderson lost by 11. I would say Spencer and Anderson are dead even. Anderson has one of the best players in the region, but I would argue that Spencer is a better team. Those young kids your talking about have been playing basketball since they were 5 years old 365 days a year. Several of them play on high level AAU teams so they aren't going to hit some invisible wall, because they are just used to middle school ball. I don't know if you have even seen Spencer play, but they are actually getting stronger and better. As far as schedules go--South Oldham twice already and Bullitt East. Three games already against top 20 teams in the state. Haven't even played Anderson, Collins, Oldham. I would say that their schedule is not weak. As far as Spencer goes you bring up the past, but I am talking now and the future. I would have to respectfully disagree when you say top 5 not happening this season. You almost have them their now?

No problem with where Spencer is ranked. They have to climb the rankings. The DeSales and Danville wins are nice. They have a 5 game stretch beginning Friday and ending on January 24th where they play 4 teams ranked ahead of them in Collins, Oldham, Gallatin and Anderson and a top 5 or 6 5th region team in Larue County. We will know a lot more who they are after that stretch .

I agree with most of what you say groundattack. A couple of teams right above them in these rankings-- I would have to say that I think Spencer County is the better team. Time will tell.

I haven't seen Anderson County. But having seen Simon Kenton, Collins, Oldham, and South Oldham, Spencer County is pretty far behind this 4 teams. Spencer does have some nice young players. They're also really well coached. If they stay intact, they could make a regional run next year. But based on some things I've heard, there could be a big change there after the season.