2017 Official golf thread

BigVMan23

Ok guys, new year, new thread. My clubs have been up for several weeks now and will stay up with basketball going for me till early March. Even with the recent uptick with the warm weather I didn't have any time to hit the links. I did get 2 dozen golf balls and a bag of tee's for Christmas though. Will probably be hitting Rock Bottom Golf here in the next few days to see what kind of deals I might be able to find. Still in need of a good hybrid club.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to Arizona in late February for a few days. Will play at least once.

Hoping for a fairly easy course up in Scottsdale. If you guys have ever played Dove Valley Ranch or the course formerly known as Vista Verde, those are about my speed.

Going to Arizona in late February for a few days. Will play at least once.

Hoping for a fairly easy course up in Scottsdale. If you guys have ever played Dove Valley Ranch or the course formerly known as Vista Verde, those are about my speed.

Color me envious. Hope you have a great trip.

The club pro at my club is leaving and is selling all of his club stock really cheap. He had a set of Mizuno MP 25s in the shop all year and I would pick them up and look at them in case you don't know they are worth ~$1200. I told one of the guys working the pro shop that I would offer the pro $500 for them, not really expecting him to take it. I got a text this morning saying they'll be in the pro shop tomorrow $500 bucks. Score. They don't really fit me shaft wise. I'm probably going to throw some project x's in them that I have lying around. But this purchase really has me looking forward to summer. I really needed this after the disaster that was my Buckeyes performance last Saturday. Haha

My New Year's Resolution is to not have any 3 putts or greater. Is that a resolution?:no: I need HELP in that area.

Don't we all. It's so hard to work on putting this time of year in KY too because a lot of greens roll so poorly and slow that it feels worthless.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never fails, as soon as snow falls I buy a new club. Just placed an order for the new Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero. The thing is an absolute monster. I usually don't buy into the distance hype of a club, but I would be willing to bet that just about everyone will gain at least 6-7 yards more distance than with their current driver.

Youngest works at Dicks in the golf section. They got the new Taylormade driver they can't display yet. I met him and we hit it in the simulator. It's really nice. As loose as I could get I flew it 284 with little to no roll. He flew it 305 and it just kept rolling.

Looking forward to a trip this summer to the RTJ Golf Trail. A friend of mine is the Director of Golf at the courses in Prattville. Going to stay a couple of days down there and hit up a couple of the other locations as well. I've played the courses in Huntsville, Birmingham and Gadsden. Has anyone played any of the others? I really want to play Ross Bridge in Hoover.

Youngest works at Dicks in the golf section. They got the new Taylormade driver they can't display yet. I met him and we hit it in the simulator. It's really nice. As loose as I could get I flew it 284 with little to no roll. He flew it 305 and it just kept rolling.
M1 or M2? The M2 is a monster.