Preseason top 25 and top players from each region

For the 10th Region, this is my opinion based on returning players and information I have received. Any one of 3-4 teams can win the Region. Harrison lost some nice players but return probably the best 2 pitchers in the Region. They also got two really good transfers in to fill a couple of the positions they needed to fill. Bourbon will be right in the running. Pitching will be the question with this team. They also lost a starter that transferred to Harrison Co. Campbell Co. will be in the hunt. They return a lot of really nice players. Montgomery Co. will be much improved from last year due to having a young squad. Nicholas county will be decent as well. they have a few nice players coming back. Clark Co. will be decent but losing 9 seniors will hurt. Brossart will be in a rebuilding year as they lost 8-9 seniors as well. I think the 10th region is up in the air this year. should be a fun year to watch. Here is my top 5.

1a Harrison Co

1b Bourbon Co

2. Campbell Co

3. Montgomery Co

4. Nicholas Co.

Very curious to see how Harrison hits this year. They`re hitting coach of many years, Roger Coppage resigned in October. I know the girls really liked and respected him. He is one of the best hitting coaches in the state. Tony Conley is the hitting coach now, he does a really good job and is very passionate about the sport.

• 2 weeks later...
For the 10th Region, this is my opinion based on returning players and information I have received. Any one of 3-4 teams can win the Region. Harrison lost some nice players but return probably the best 2 pitchers in the Region. They also got two really good transfers in to fill a couple of the positions they needed to fill. Bourbon will be right in the running. Pitching will be the question with this team. They also lost a starter that transferred to Harrison Co. Campbell Co. will be in the hunt. They return a lot of really nice players. Montgomery Co. will be much improved from last year due to having a young squad. Nicholas county will be decent as well. they have a few nice players coming back. Clark Co. will be decent but losing 9 seniors will hurt. Brossart will be in a rebuilding year as they lost 8-9 seniors as well. I think the 10th region is up in the air this year. should be a fun year to watch. Here is my top 5.

1a Harrison Co

1b Bourbon Co

2. Campbell Co

3. Montgomery Co

4. Nicholas Co.

When it comes to best pitchers in the region, although the Fillies throwers are good, I really believe Paris' junior thrower Amanda Morgan is no doubt one of the best pitchers in the region (if not the best) ... "Moo" as their teammates call her, along with a few others, will make Paris a true sleeper in the region. If you have never seen Morgan pitch, you probably need to go check her out. Trust me, you will not be disappointed! Oh by the way, Paris beat Montgomery (twice) and Nicholas County last spring!

When it comes to best pitchers in the region, although the Fillies throwers are good, I really believe Paris' junior thrower Amanda Morgan is no doubt one of the best pitchers in the region (if not the best) ... "Moo" as their teammates call her, along with a few others, will make Paris a true sleeper in the region. If you have never seen Morgan pitch, you probably need to go check her out. Trust me, you will not be disappointed! Oh by the way, Paris beat Montgomery (twice) and Nicholas County last spring!

And they also beat Harrison County!

I agree with you that Paris is a sleeper team and Moo is one of the best pitchers in the Region. My opinion on the pitchers was mainly based on the type of competition the teams play. Harrison has played some really good teams the last couple years and this year is no exception. But agree with you 100% that she is one of the best pitchers and Paris could cause some damage this year.

• 1 year later...
I wouldn't sleep on the Pendleton County Ladycats. They are young and talented. 3 of their first 5 batters last year were in middle school. They had Nicholas on the ropes in the 38th district. Lost by one run.

Hey @pcsportsdad2308! Welcome to BGP!

...for what it's worth, it looks like you stumbled onto a thread from January 2017 rather than one from 2018, so the info in this thread wouldn't really pertain to this year's softball action.

It doesn't look like there has been a thread started to discuss the top players for 2018, but you're more than welcome to go ahead and post a thread on that topic if you'd like to.