Who steps up with the Travelers gone?

With the Travelers losing their Nike deal, will they be able to stay a marquee team in Kentucky? Or will another program ascend to take their place?

I know Premier now has a boys program and Wky elite has had success. Is there a program in our state ready to move up into the top 3 with Magic and Hoop Dreams?

I'm surprised there is not an Under Armour team in Kentucky.

Also wouldn't be surprised if within a few years KP is able to get the boys side into the EYBL. They would be able to pull talent from Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana.

Agreed about the lack of a UA team in Ky. I know Magic and Hoop Dreams were both UA at some point in the past couple of years.

Not sure Ky Premier would be able to pull kids from border states. Ohio has All Ohio Red and Indiana has Spiece Indy Heat do a good job of controlling the top kids in state. Not to mention teams like Indiana elite and Ohio Basketball Club who have drawn from Ky in the past.

Agreed about the lack of a UA team in Ky. I know Magic and Hoop Dreams were both UA at some point in the past couple of years.

Not sure Ky Premier would be able to pull kids from border states. Ohio has All Ohio Red and Indiana has Spiece Indy Heat do a good job of controlling the top kids in state. Not to mention teams like Indiana elite and Ohio Basketball Club who have drawn from Ky in the past.

Agree, before pulling top kids from border states the programs here in KY first must shore up the exodus of top KY kids leaving for other programs in OH, IN, TN, and Missouri. Those programs that come in and do this are well funded and many times it is because they have former players who are pros giving back to their teams they used to play on. When a top player and their parent(s) are able to travel on the out of state program's budget without coming out of pocket, that may be a better financial situation for them even if they otherwise would be playing for a local program that cannot offer the same.

Agree, before pulling top kids from border states the programs here in KY first must shore up the exodus of top KY kids leaving for other programs in OH, IN, TN, and Missouri. Those programs that come in and do this are well funded and many times it is because they have former players who are pros giving back to their teams they used to play on. When a top player and their parent(s) are able to travel on the out of state program's budget without coming out of pocket, that may be a better financial situation for them even if they otherwise would be playing for a local program that cannot offer the same.

The top 2019 kids who are already playing out of state are definitely not paying for anything and travel is taken care of for the players and their families.

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard the Travelers kids are starting to move to new teams. So far I was told Anthony Wales is playing for Louisville Magic and Ahmad Price is playing for Hoop Dreams.

Wonder where kids like Tre King and Zach Kelch wind up? Will EJ Williams play in KY or return to Ohio? And do other kids lose their roster spots on Magic and Hoop Dreams because of the movement?

And also, this board has been dead lately so let's liven it up. AAU season is 2 months away.

• 2 weeks later...
Zach will be playing with Twenty Two Vision. They are the new Adidas team out of Griffin Elite. Great opportunity for him with what they offer.

Definitely will have plenty of coaches at the game with Romeo Langford featured on the roster.

Price confirmed last night that he's playing for Hoop Dreams.

Does anyone know what KY based teams are on gold and who is on silver for Adidas Gauntlet? No KY based teams on the NIKE EYBL or Under Armor Association that I am aware.

Correct on no Nike or UAA. I was told that Hoop Dreams and Magic are both Silver but haven't seen a team list yet. Manimal probably won't have high school teams.

Take it all with a grain of salt. The AAU rumors are aplenty this time of year.

Magic Twitter account has confirmed they are in the Gold division.

Somebody sent me that to me as well so congrats to Magic program for gaining that circuit opportunity. It is almost a given Romeo's team will be gold obviously so it is good for the state to have at least 2 programs competing at the highest level with Adidas. Not familiar with Adidas, but what difference is there between Silver & Gold other than the caliber of teams?

Somebody sent me that to me as well so congrats to Magic program for gaining that circuit opportunity. It is almost a given Romeo's team will be gold obviously so it is good for the state to have at least 2 programs competing at the highest level with Adidas. Not familiar with Adidas, but what difference is there between Silver & Gold other than the caliber of teams?

Romeo's team is a weird deal seeing as they're only going to exist for one season. Once he's gone, so is the deal.

Silver is more of a "pay to play" deal. More quantity than quality. Very little (if any) financial backing from Adidas.

Gold is generally your sponsored teams. Adidas provides gear and money to help offset travel costs. Your top players (Romeo Langford and Zion Williamson this year) are on the Gold circuit.

Last year the Magic started on silver and earned their way up to the Gold because the had the talent.

I can confirm that Hoop Dreams is in the Silver division of Adidas.

So the two gold teams are Magic and 22 Vision. HD is silver. And no other teams in Kentucky are on a shoe circuit