Is Highlands looking to hire an Offensive Coordinator?

UK#1fanisback

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dale left because he saw the talent dropping off. Weinrich should be given a statue for winning that first title with a team Dale didn't believe could win. Dale saw this coming and decided to "retire". He's not coming back.

So that first year aside, you are saying Dale was a prognosticator?

Dale left because he saw the talent dropping off. Weinrich should be given a statue for winning that first title with a team Dale didn't believe could win. Dale saw this coming and decided to "retire". He's not coming back.

Unfair to accuse the Captain of deserting the ship. When you get older, you will understand the desire to retire. Not because you don't like what you are doing, but because a great cycle of your life has peaked and it's time to enjoy the next phase.

Unfair to accuse the Captain of deserting the ship. When you get older, you will understand the desire to retire. Not because you don't like what you are doing, but because a great cycle of your life has peaked and it's time to enjoy the next phase.

While this is all very true; plenty of coaches (young and old) get out when they can and move onto the next phase. That phase is sometimes coaching at another school, sometimes complete retirement and sometimes it's staying in the classroom and/or sticking with other roles.

If he got out because he saw the talent about to drop; then I don't think @sportsfan08 is necessarily blaming him, but calling it what it is/might be (maybe it's not) all WHILE not faulting him for doing so.

If it is indeed the case as to why he got out; I sure as hell am not faulting him. He paid his dues. Did his time and did it arguably better than anybody ever has.

But, there are plenty of good/great coaches who move on when the going isn't about to be as good as it's been. Always has been. Always will be.

Having only been spoken to by him once 17 years ago, I can't believe he's the type to bail. Didn't his teams get handled by CovCath his first few years? He was A Coach/teacher, and AD at a couple places prior as well. I like my job a lot, but as soon as the second comes, I'm running home.

Edited by Jackie Ed
Typo

While this is all very true; plenty of coaches (young and old) get out when they can and move onto the next phase. That phase is sometimes coaching at another school, sometimes complete retirement and sometimes it's staying in the classroom and/or sticking with other roles.

If he got out because he saw the talent about to drop; then I don't think @sportsfan08 is necessarily blaming him, but calling it what it is/might be (maybe it's not) all WHILE not faulting him for doing so.

If it is indeed the case as to why he got out; I sure as hell am not faulting him. He paid his dues. Did his time and did it arguably better than anybody ever has.

But, there are plenty of good/great coaches who move on when the going isn't about to be as good as it's been. Always has been. Always will be.

Agree. But, in Dale's case I understood he actually retired. Didn't move on to another school or coaching position. Have a few buddies prior to retirement that moved into admin and have taken non-HC coaching positions to stay in the game and get that income higher for retirement purposes. Most know when it is time to fully retire, and a higher % is because of their own battery level and not because of what is coming back.