DeSales 63 Simon Kenton 56

I've watched SK twice. But also have seen highlights Hawkins playing strictly perimeter is a huge mistake. He needs to play inside and outside. Post up periodically around the basket, post up then face, then draw the defender outside with his perimeter threat. If he posts up, then a big man will be forced to guard him, then he draw him out of the lane with his 3 pt threat. This will open up the lane for others to dribble drive. Also open up things inside for Kelch. I love Kelch, great kid, has come a long way. Turning into a real good player. But it seems they only go over the top when smaller people full front him. They lob over the top, then he turns and has an easy layup. This needs to change for both the SK offense and Zach's development. I know he can play with his back to the basket, but he needs the in game reps to master the craft. On the next level, that over the top lob will never be there because of help from the weak side or a guard collapses down for a double team virtually sandwiching him and the player that is full fronting him. Really have to blame the coaches. Really missing the boat.

I've watched SK twice. But also have seen highlights Hawkins playing strictly perimeter is a huge mistake. He needs to play inside and outside. Post up periodically around the basket, post up then face, then draw the defender outside with his perimeter threat. If he posts up, then a big man will be forced to guard him, then he draw him out of the lane with his 3 pt threat. This will open up the lane for others to dribble drive. Also open up things inside for Kelch. I love Kelch, great kid, has come a long way. Turning into a real good player. But it seems they only go over the top when smaller people full front him. They lob over the top, then he turns and has an easy layup. This needs to change for both the SK offense and Zach's development. I know he can play with his back to the basket, but he needs the in game reps to master the craft. , that over the top lob will never be there because of help from the weak side or a guard collapses down for a double team virtually sandwiching On the next levelhim and the player that is full fronting him. Really have to blame the coaches. Really missing the boat.

You think so?