Dylan Roof GUILTY, what should his Sentence be?

Jumper_Dad

Dylann Roof Convicted Of Charleston Church Massacre : The Two-Way : NPR

A jury in Charleston, S.C., has found Dylann Roof guilty on all 33 counts of federal hate crimes he faced for murdering nine people and attempting to kill three others in the basement of a historically black church.

Federal prosecutors are seeking a death sentence. Roof has asked to represent himself in the penalty phase of the trial, which is scheduled to begin Jan. 3.

The guilt phase of the trial featured six days of testimony from 30 witnesses, including a recorded confession and excerpts from Roof's journal, and painted a picture of a young man filled with racial hatred who spent months planning to murder black people.

Roof entered Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal church in downtown Charleston on the evening of June 17, 2015, and, for nearly an hour, sat among a dozen people at a bible study before opening fire during the worshippers' final prayer.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are 100% certain, with ZERO doubt, not chance it was anyone but Roof...then I don't have a problem with death penalty. But at the end of the day if he has to spend the rest of his life in prison I'd be just fine with that, death would probably be the easy way out.

Just let him rot in Prison!!!
See, I disagree. For acts like this, I think standing alone, with one shooter and a rifle aimed at his forehead with no warning of when it ends, that the anxiety he'd experience prior to his extinguishing would be some sort of justice I'd appreciate if I was a family member of one of the victims.