Class System

bothways

No. Football fans have bemoaned the six class system, TRUST ME. It is basically the Trinity By-law.

As for classification in soccer and football, it is pure physics and injury potential. What is the average size discrepancy for players in high school soccer at, say, Calvary Christian and Daviess County? How much physical contact occurs during a game?

Now, what is the average size discrepancy b/n Trinity and Beechwood? How much physical contact occurs during the game? The actual competitive range is much greater in football than soccer in terms of physicality and size. It's a safety thing more than anything.

Additionally, at any time, member schools can approach the KHSAA to request classification. Nobody is stopping them as far as I know.

No. Football fans have bemoaned the six class system, TRUST ME. It is basically the Trinity By-law.

As for classification in soccer and football, it is pure physics and injury potential. What is the average size discrepancy for players in high school soccer at, say, Calvary Christian and Daviess County? How much physical contact occurs during a game?

Now, what is the average size discrepancy b/n Trinity and Beechwood? How much physical contact occurs during the game? The actual competitive range is much greater in football than soccer in terms of physicality and size. It's a safety thing more than anything.

Additionally, at any time, member schools can approach the KHSAA to request classification. Nobody is stopping them as far as I know.

Then why is Cross Country and track classed?

I would think in soccer where you play 11 players, the size of the school would matter and be a reason for classes. The small schools that have football and soccer really have to search for kids I would think in one or both sports.

One help to soccer would be move it to Spring, but not much, because of baseball and track and how may kids you need for those. Even going to 2 or 3 classes would make sense in my mind.

I would think in soccer where you play 11 players, the size of the school would matter and be a reason for classes. The small schools that have football and soccer really have to search for kids I would think in one or both sports.

One help to soccer would be move it to Spring, but not much, because of baseball and track and how may kids you need for those. Even going to 2 or 3 classes would make sense in my mind.

I agree with this as well. My point was why football was classified and soccer could get away with it. If soccer decided to go to a class system, I could see it. Out of curiosity, b/c I don't know the #s , how do you classify it? Like track? 3 classes? 4 like football should be?

one class system for sports like basketball and soccer crown a true champion.

In soccer their are many huge schools that are awful and many small schools that do very well.

Soccer has the All A tournament, that allows the small schools to have a shot.

Class system in soccer makes zero sense. The quality and depth are not there, and small schools can compete and often beat bigger schools every year. Look at Louisville Collegiate this year. They were one of the best in the state and rolled through the All A.

Class system in soccer makes zero sense. The quality and depth are not there, and small schools can compete and often beat bigger schools every year. Look at Louisville Collegiate this year. They were one of the best in the state and rolled through the All A.

Then why do we have the All A tournament.

*runs and hides*