NBA MVP Race

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The world is desperately wanting LeBron to win the award, so he may, but his numbers will stay low by his standards the longer the season goes. Especially acknowledging that he wants his minutes decreased the deeper into the season the Cavs go. His best case was made a couple nights ago when he sat and the Cavs lost. The Cavs will have the Eastern conference wrapped up by the All Star break.

The world is desperately wanting LeBron to win the award, so he may, but his numbers will stay low by his standards the longer the season goes. Especially acknowledging that he wants his minutes decreased the deeper into the season the Cavs go. His best case was made a couple nights ago when he sat and the Cavs lost. The Cavs will have the Eastern conference wrapped up by the All Star break.

So you're suggesting someone else will win it?

Already?

Indulge me.

He hasn't been the most valuable player so far this year. James Harden has.

It's tough to disagree with that, but I will, if only because LeBron might be the most valuable player of all time. That weighs heavily into my decision. When 23/9/8 is a down year, you're a pretty valuable player.

And Harden is my non-Bron front-runner, as he was before the season started.

So who did Steph rob last year?

More games and same amount of minutes as Lebron last year.

79 games at 35 minutes per game. All while sitting out quite a few 4th quarters because they were up 100. 3 more games than Lebron (Also 35 mpg).

Well see how much Lebron truly limits him minutes this year. So far averaging more minutes than last year.

My pick goes to Paul, so far! The guys with all the numbers are also 1 & 2 in the league in turnovers. Plus their teams are average. Paul's Clippers have the best record in the league, he's leading the league in steals and has the highest PER in the league. His assist to turnover 5-1 ratio now makes him the most efficient PG of All Time!

More games and same amount of minutes as Lebron last year.

79 games at 35 minutes per game. All while sitting out quite a few 4th quarters because they were up 100. 3 more games than Lebron (Also 35 mpg).

We'll see how much Lebron truly limits his minutes this year. So far averaging more minutes than last year.

Bear with me while I try to talk myself through some math...

Steph played in three more games, however, Bron did technically average one- and almost a half- more minute per game, so over his 76 games, he played roughly 1.5 fewer games than Steph.

Granted, Steph posted historically great shooting numbers, but stats aside, his sitting out 4th quarters would lead me to believe his team didn't require his services in the crunch time minutes LeBron played, hence him being less valuable to his team.

Plus, LeBron turned Anderson Varejao, Jared Cunningham, and a 1st rounder into Channing Frye.

But 400 3-pts is cute.