TED Talks - Post Them Here

B-Ball-fan

With CWB having started a thread on TED Talks I thought that perhaps some would like to share with others some TED Talks they've listened to that they think others might find interesting.

TED is a nonpartisan nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks. TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 110 languages.

The first one that I'd like to post is one that I considered posting a while back when we had two running threads discussing the differences between conservatives and liberals. BGP has no shortage of both so perhaps some may find this TED Talk interesting and thought provoking.

Here is Jonathan Haidt, a social psychologist and Professor of Ethical Leadership at New York University's Stern School of Business in his TED Talk discussing "The moral roots of liberals and conservatives".

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can I make a comment instead of posting a TED Talk? I ask because I'm not a huge fan of the talks, but TEDed does a really nice job with short animation of historical events, which are really good for using in the classroom as a quick-hitter before diving deeper into the subject matter.

Can I make a comment instead of posting a TED Talk? I ask because I'm not a huge fan of the talks, but TEDed does a really nice job with short animation of historical events, which are really good for using in the classroom as a quick-hitter before diving deeper into the subject matter.

Sure...while starting a thread for Ted Talks I was thinking that if anyone wanted to also include discussion along with them and about them that this too would be welcomed. I'm not yet familiar with the TEDed shorts of which you speak, but I'm very interested in finding out. :thumb:

Sure...while starting a thread for Ted Talks I was thinking that if anyone wanted to also include discussion along with them and about them that this too would be welcomed. I'm not yet familiar with the TEDed shorts of which you speak, but I'm very interested in finding out. :thumb:

This is an example of one I show in class. They are all typically around five minutes long and work well as supplemental educational material.

• 1 year later...