2016 Gun Season

StrongSide

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was in my stand on Tuesday and the woods were hopping.

In about a four hour time span I saw 3 or 4 does and two nice sized bucks and a little fork.

I was REAL close to letting one fly, but the buck was just a little to far to feel comfortable. It was a fun day though.

If I had the 30-30, all of them were close enough.

Any action??? I'm not seeing anything, I dont know if the full moon had them running all night or what but I am hoping later in the day it picks up.

Saw a few does. Let them pass since it is opening morning. 2 others that hunt on my land didn't feel the same way and took 2 button bucks. Grrrr. Farm will be too packed next year when they ask.

Saw a bunch of does over the weekend. Had a pretty nice 9pt at about 20 yards Saturday evening. Had a really nice left side but right side was fairly weak. Took my 7 year old Sunday afternoon for his first time. Saw 5 does, what looked like a big 5pt, and a coyote.

Saw a few does. Let them pass since it is opening morning. 2 others that hunt on my land didn't feel the same way and took 2 button bucks. Grrrr. Farm will be too packed next year when they ask.

So you don't have standing farm rules on shooters ? I never thought you guys actually killed anything, I just thought it was all B&B (beer & bourbon)

So you don't have standing farm rules on shooters ? I never thought you guys actually killed anything, I just thought it was all B&B (beer & bourbon)

There will be rules and broken hearts next year. And yes....still plenty of beer and bourbon, but that has never stopped me.