2016 King of the Carpet (ALL Comers) Week 1 Results

mcpapa

As always, the results won't be final for 24 hours. All contestants should use that time to check their score for errors. After that time period has passed, the contest is final and the winner should use the link below to claim the prize of choice. If you think your score is incorrect, please send me a PM and I will look into your claim.

Scoring this week was pretty good. Sometimes it's tough to find ten competitive first-round matchups and this year was no exception. That being said, we had no perfect scores and only one score of 17. Congratulations to maysvilleky on the Round 1 victory; only missing on the Eastern upset over North Hardin (Fun fact - NOBODY picked Eastern to win. Shows how much we know).

Click below to claim your prize:

Contest Prizes and how to claim your prize!

Here are the results of the Round 1 King of the Carpet games:

Pleasure Ridge Park 34 McCracken County 10 (5-point super game)

Greenup County 57 Harrison County 28

North Laurel 56 South Laurel 42

Butler County 54 Ballard Memorial 38

Greenwood 44 Graves County 17

Collins 43 Western 6

Eastern 41 North Hardin 7

Bullitt Central 31 Anderson County 24

Spencer County 28 Valley 7

Mercer County 21 Knox Central 3

And here are the contest scores posted by our intrepid contestants. Again, please double-check your score and send me a PM if my slide rule malfunctioned.

maysvilleky 17

16thBBall Fan 16

coldweatherfan 16

Fishhead 16

ATLCat 16

pirate1960 16

NEERFAN 16

colonel-fan 16

CCHSTiger10 16

PurplePride92 16

Blake1978j 15

LCDAWGS19 15

psychicscubadiver 15

Sweet16 15

Watusi 15

HSfootballfan18 15

snakesnot_2000 15

dmh115 15

Randy Parker 15 (the least aesthetically pleasing of the 15-point scores, therefore it is the last one on the list)

mcpapa 14 (the most aesthetically pleasing of the 14...well, you get the idea)

Jack of All Trades 14

Rebel 14

gchs_uk9 14

BigRedMachine05 14

MNCM 13

plantmanky 13

BigEyeInTheSky 12

Jumper_Dad 12

Tigerpride94 12

winterweather 12

BIG BLACK JACK 11

Rebelstat 11

Somewhere Off The Map 9

newarkcatholicfan 9

85_Rebel 8

All State Baseball 7

littleluck55 7

Thanks for playing, and remember. This is a 5-week contest with a big prize going to the overall winner, so I hope to see you again in week 2!

Not only did we go 0 for 37 as a group, 7 felt strong enough to make it the 3 point game. Does anyone know what happened here? I mean upsets happrn but 41-7. I thought scoreboard had the scores swithed when I saw it. True, North Hardin was not impreesive the previous 4 weeks but after the first week Eastern was 2-7 with the wins coming against teams that finished 2-20. If I picked this game 100 times I still pick N. Hardin 100 times based on available info. So what the heck happened here.

Not only did we go 0 for 37 as a group, 7 felt strong enough to make it the 3 point game. Does anyone know what happened here? I mean upsets happrn but 41-7. I thought scoreboard had the scores swithed when I saw it. True, North Hardin was not impreesive the previous 4 weeks but after the first week Eastern was 2-7 with the wins coming against teams that finished 2-20. If I picked this game 100 times I still pick N. Hardin 100 times based on available info. So what the heck happened here.

I wish I knew. I was one of those unfortunates that had NH as a 3-pointer.

You sure know how to shoot a man down. Note to self must beat randy parker!

That is easier said than done. Check pages 131 and 132 to see who won both the contests last year. A real pest for an 8 year old. One thing I'm trying to figure out is how South Park is in year 20 and he's still 8.

I felt like North Hardin's schedule would have been the difference in this game but at the end of the day we may have all simply underestimated just how good football in Louisville is right now.