Covington Catholic vs. Daviess County - Predictions

Who Wins?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Daviess County
    • Covington Catholic

Can the Colonels defense and opportunistic offense continue their run for one more game or does it break down against #1 Daviess County who has only been beaten one time early in the year? Daviess appears to have solid players at every position and are very good offensively. The Colonels appear to have the best defense in the state at this point in time. If the Colonels defense can hold Daviess in check with a couple goals or less, I see this game going to OT and/or PK's.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2-1 Covington Catholic. No reason. Have seen CC once this year and have not seen Davies County.

After review of their season, Davies had good wins over St X, South Warren(2) and Dunbar.

CC had wins over Collegiate, Anderson and Ryle. But had a much harder schedule across the season, which I believe has landed to the development of players needing varsity experience after the large senior class departure last year.

Seems to be a real good matchup. CC scores early,.. and again with 10 minutes left as Davies presses. Davies adds one with 5 minutes left to cause a frantic last 5 minutes, CC holds on

I would say both teams have a great defense, Daviess has only given up 10 goals on the season. CovCath playing the sagging defense right? Should be a good match. Daviess is so talented across the field. I think Daviess outshoots CC by a 2 to 1 margin. I say 2-0 Daviess.

From the Owensboro Messenger-Inquirer:

Daviess County goes for the big trophy

By JIM PICKENS Messenger-Inquirer

Doug Sandifer played on an Owensboro team that competed for the KHSAA State Soccer Tournament championship back in 1988, and he, indeed, coached a Daviess County team that played for the state title six years ago.

Tonight at 6, Sandifer is hoping his red-hot Panthers can become the first 3rd Region soccer team -- male or female -- to win a KHSAA state title when they challenge defending champion Covington Catholic at Lexingon Bryan Station High School.

DC (26-1) didn't play the Colonels during the regular season, so Sandifer isn't crystal clear on what to expect from CovCath (22-5-2). He does, however, know what to expect from the Panthers -- maximum effort and performance.

"One thing about these guys, they've come to play every time we've stepped out there," said Sandifer, whose club advanced to the finals with a 5-1 wipeout of Lexington Dunbar on Thursday. "They love and respect the game, and they really pull for one another to have success. It's a great group that way, and that's what's made it so rewarding to coach them.

"This is a true team -- they're the embodiment of a team."

DC is a team, in fact, that has won 19 consecutive matches since Sept. 3. For the season, the Panthers have outscored their opposition by a stunning 138-10.