The world is fixin' to end

Jim Schue

Cubs v. Indians in the WS.

I'm not ready for this. Hey @mountain ref, I can bring outstanding stereo equipment and a great record collection to the bunker. Can I ride out the end of the world with you? PS: I'm also a Boy Scout and am skilled at firemaking, cooking (especially meat preparation), first aid, and just general all-around resourcefulness, and I'm getting better at gardening. And while I don't shoot as often as I'd like, I'm a more-than-competent handler of any gun, and am real good with a bow and arrow.

Growing up a Cubs fan in my short 28 year old life has had it's up and downs. Watching the Cubs lose in 2003 to the Marlins scarred me. Then when Pinella was manager, having great seasons and losing in the first round of the playoffs hurt.

This feels surreal. I always loved watching Cubs games with my dad. He's in his mid 50s and moved to Florida to retire this past year so we haven't been able to watch a single game together. Tonight I got the best text from him- "they did it, World Series bound. Love ya." It's crazy how loving the lovable losers can bring people close together. Every year my dad and I would talk about the Cubs minors and how they had the talent and we're close but so far... until now. 4 more games Cubbies!!

This brings back a lot of feelings that I had back in 2004 while watching my Red Sox come back against the Yankees and sweep the Cardinals to break their 86 year drought. I'm happy for the Cubs and Indians fans. However the WS turns out it will be a lot of fun for one long suffering fan base and another year of heartache for the other.

So freaking happy! I laugh, I tear up, I say I can't believe it, and repeat. So many times of thinking we would do it and we finally did it. Just a loss of words. Just ordered me and my son, Ryne, (yup after Sandberg) Worlds Series shirts. He may only be 2 but I'll cherish coming home from work tonight, picking him and telling him all about how we finally are going to a World Series.