Louisville Power Rankings - Sponsored by Get in the game with Game On WBKI Sat @ 8p

Bert

Thanks to our Sponsor WBKI TV Louisville The CW. Get in the game with Game On WBKI Saturdays @ 8p.

Tv station: WBKI TV

Twitter: @ItsGame_On

WBKI.jpg

1. Trinity (9-0) – Nothing surprising in Trinity’s 58-0 win over Seneca. Next week is bitter rival Ballard. Should be a better matchup but Trinity will clearly be the favorite

2. St. Xavier (6-2) – After bad losses to Bowling Green and Trinity, The Tigers righted the ship with a solid victory over Manual and a huge win over Male. X has momentum on their side as leap frog Male’s #2 spot and they take on Butler this Friday

3. – Male (6-2) – Male entered last Friday’s game as a solid favorite but someone forgot to tell St. X as the Bulldogs fell 21-31. Due to Male’s otherwise strong season, they only fall one spot by switching spots with St. X. Next week they face arch rival Manual in the Featured Game of the Week.

4. Dupont Manual (7-1) – Manual recovers from last week’s loss to X with a solid win over a very good PRP. Can Manual continue it strong play with a victory over arch rival Male?

5. Christian Academy of Louisville (7-1) – Nothing shocking with CAL’s victory over Shawnee 65-6. Washington Co. won’t give the Centurions a much better game.

6. South Oldham (8-0) – Another easy win for South. Next week versus North Bullitt should be the same story.

7. St. Francis DeSales (6-2) – DeSales recovers from their CAL loss by thumping Washington Co. 55-0. Next week against Shawnee should be the same story.

8. Ballard (6-2) – Poor Jeffersontown, Ballard mowed them down 71-0. Unfortunately for Ballard, they may be the one getting mowed down next week as they visit #1 Trinity.

9. Pleasure Ridge Park (5-4) – Another hard fought loss against and strong opponent will drop the Panthers one spot. Next week PRP has an of week then faces Central in a great matchup.

10. Bardstown (7-1) – The number 10 ranking must be cursed, several weeks in a row, that team loses. Due to Central being a strong opponent, Bardstown will hang on to #10. Next week against Thomas Nelson should put Btown back to winning.

Honorable Mention -

North Hardin (6-2) – Meade had the week off. This Friday they face Central Hardin in a great matchup. Could a win get them back into the rankings? We shall see.

Fern Creek (7-2) – No surprise with Fern Creek beating Iroquois. Next week is Atherton which should be a win also.

Central (4-4) – Central reenters the Honorable Mention category with a victory over then unbeaten Bardstown. Their remaining games are Henry County and strong PRP.

Teams on the RiseSt. Xavier without question, X is playing their best football with wins over Manual and Male.

Teams on the Decline – This “award” almost went to Male but because X seems to be firing on all cylinders now, maybe that wasn’t such a bad loss. So this week, this “award” will sit on the shelf.

Featured Game of the Week - Manual vs. Male

GREAT Job Bert!

But how are St X's losses to BG & T "bad losses" Most teams lose those games this year. Just askin

I know Bert should speak for himself on this, but my guess is he's talking about the margin of victory making those in the 'bad loss' category.

I know Bert should speak for himself on this, but my guess is he's talking about the margin of victory making those in the 'bad loss' category.

Correct, especially the margin against Trinity, I should have been more specific.