4A #8 Shelby County at Collins

DragonFire

Who wins?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

When Shelby County lost by 25 to Bullitt East on September 16th, it was fair to question what was wrong with the Rockets. They were just 3-2 at the time, and the loss to Bullitt East was and is considered a poor loss - they're still just 3-6 and lost to both Spencer County and Collins. Three games later, and Shelby County has posted wins of 34, 26, and 31 over Franklin County, North Oldham, and Spencer County. Against Spencer County, the Rockets trailed 24-14 at the half before hitting the afterburners to outscore the Bears 48-7 in the second half. Put another way, if they had done that in the first half, the game would have been a running clock. That sets up a district title chance for Shelby County, which can make things real simple by winning. They win, they're #1. They lose - well, they may still be #1, but it goes to that dreaded (for you - I love them) three way tiebreaker. Collins for their part is 5-3 with losses against strong programs in Boyle County, Spencer County, and Central Hardin, but no wins to really write home about. They were in a similar position last year, and were promply obliterated by Shelby County by a 44-0 score. Will this year be any different?

This is not true. If Shelby wins they are the 1. If they lose they are the two. If Collins Loses and Franklin wins there will be a 3 way tie to decide second through fourth place.

You're correct. For some reason I thought there was still a possibility of a three way tie at the top.

Well dragon, I have been waiting for this topic.

This game is gonna be one to watch.

Both teams put the points on the board.

Throw the Bullit East game out. 4 point game at half and way too many injuries that night with 2 long delays waiting for ambulance to show up. Ended up with 3rd string non QB running the show.

Key for Shelby is not turn it over and give up the big plays.

Collins finally has that young group playing that fast pace high octane offense. Key for Collins is not turn it over and can they get enough stops.

You mentioned Shelby and Spencer. Shelby only had the ball 3 times in first half and scored twice. Spencer had it 4 times. Shelby D stepped up in 2nd half. Collins D has been playing much better and getting some key players back really helps them.

This game has soooo much on line. Winner will receive home field advantage all the way to 4A finals. Good luck to both.

Thought this game might draw more attention. Huge in 4A West

Tommy, this district seems to be REALLY competitive. Which district are they matched up with in the playoffs? How many of those first round games do you think this Shelby County District can win?

They will match up with district 3 which is John Hardin. I think either winner can host all 4 games or even the loser host the semi final game. It would be a harder road with a Collins loss than a Shelby loss. I think either can beat John with their off fire power but would be hard to do with a game at JH but Shelby showed last year it could be done.