3. Gage Hughes - Greenup County

4. Ben Jordan - West Carter

5. Haydn Roe - West Carter

6. Hunter Kenser - Boyd County

7. Bobby Hale - Russell

8. Mike Hubbert - Greenup County

9. Dalton Brown - West Carter

10. Dylan Romine - Fairview

I thought this publication contacted all coaches in the region to compile these rankings? Do they only do a handful of coaches or how does this process work?

Did you see the next post?....Ask The Ashland Daily Independent. That should tell you something given the 4 schools farthest from Ashland (Fleming, Bath, Menifee, and Morgan) aren't mentioned. Hey maybe they are 4 of the bottom 6 but I would think at least one (or maybe two) are top 10 worthy.

I agree with Elliott and West Carter being 1/2 (If West has their full team with Jordan). After that 3-6 are interchangable and 7-15 could be completely the opposite by the 1st of the year. Fleming Co will be solid as they have many returning players. Bath Co has some good Seniors and a loaded (with size also) Sophomore group that is now under Bart Williams direction. I have been told from inside the system that Menifee Co will also be much more competitive than past years. Morgan lost Perry but the cupboard is far from bare. And what about Raceland? How can a school be so solid in football and baseball and have nothing in basketball?

He already broke his hand and recovered I heard. I mean, I get it.... Big boy with a good core of guards....solid chance at playing in Rupp. But he has big time things waiting on him that can truly truly set him up for great success. It only takes one bad hit or mishap to take that away. On the flip side he could benefit completely by playing basketball. I just feel that with the odds playing into Ben's favor the parents have to make the choice for the kid so he can pave the way. It's such a great honor to play in Rupp, but the MLB only a fraction get that chance.

Hope it works out for him either way. Hear he's a great kid.

Did you see the next post?....Ask The Ashland Daily Independent. That should tell you something given the 4 schools farthest from Ashland (Fleming, Bath, Menifee, and Morgan) aren't mentioned. Hey maybe they are 4 of the bottom 6 but I would think at least one (or maybe two) are top 10 worthy.

I agree with Elliott and West Carter being 1/2 (If West has their full team with Jordan). After that 3-6 are interchangable and 7-15 could be completely the opposite by the 1st of the year. Fleming Co will be solid as they have many returning players. Bath Co has some good Seniors and a loaded (with size also) Sophomore group that is now under Bart Williams direction. I have been told from inside the system that Menifee Co will also be much more competitive than past years. Morgan lost Perry but the cupboard is far from bare. And what about Raceland? How can a school be so solid in football and baseball and have nothing in basketball?

Raceland was in the region semis in 2015 and upset Greenup last year to reach the region. Their baseball team has been weak for several years now.