Tiger?

Isnt it better if he doesnt compete anymore.

No, for all his troubles he is still one of the top 2 golfers in history and one of the 3 most popular/well known/recognizable athletes of the last 50 years (along with Ali and Jordan)

Any chance to see him play close to his old self is worth the time.

Tournament this week sold 28,000 tickets immediately following his announced return.

To say golf is better without him is ridiculous.

UKMF, maybe folks want to see him fail, screw with him from the gallery until he responds, has a tantrum, etc. You know how some folks love to see a train wreck. There are people in this world who could find fault even if he could deposit gold bricks from his backside.

I think if he could get back close to what he was, that would do nothing but help golf. Especially broadcasts.

I think Tiger is actually scared right now. He had chipping yips the last time he was playing. As a tour pro, that has to be scary. I mean 30 handicappers chip better than he was before he shut it down...and he was as good chipping as anyone who ever lived before. I think he is afraid of making a fool out of himself in front of the world. He has had the back excuse for many years (and rightfully so). However, if he is truly healthy now and goes out and shoots 82 or misses 5 cuts in a row, he is going to look foolish.

Don't get me wrong. I have been a Tiger apologist for many years and hope he comes back and wins a couple of majors next year. But I think he is a mental mess right now.

• 3 months later...

Just heard he is not playing the next two weeks (he was scheduled to) due to his back spasms...

I have officially given up on Tiger. Whether it is his back or his head, I just think he is done ever being very competitive again. I hope in six months I look back at this post and can say I am totally wrong...I doubt it though...

• 2 months later...