4A #1 Johnson Central at Rowan County

DragonFire

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Johnson Central
    • Rowan County

Another district game, another leveling of a district opponent last week for Johnson Central. The Golden Eagles have not allowed more than 8 points in a game since playing Lexington Catholic on September 2nd, and LexCath is the only team this year to notch more than 6 against them. That has allowed Johnson Central to run up an average margin of victory of just over 35 PPG - averaging almost a running clock every time they take the field. By contrast, Rowan County enters on the high of their first win of the season, raising their record to 1-7 with a 21-0 victory over Boyd County. The Vikings had not scored in their previous three games, and their 21 points were just 9 points less than they'd scored in the previous 7 games combined. All signs point to a blowout victory for Johnson Central, but what say you?

Matney keeps it classy and keeps the score low. No doubt JC is a far superior team. This stretch of the schedule has allowed JC to try some things that will benefit them in the long run. JC takes this one 48-6 with a running clock early in the 1st half.

I agree that Matney tries too. I think the issue is going to be that Johnson Co JV squad could easily put a running clock on Rowan in the first half. So what do you do as a coach. Does Johnson Co have a kicker? Maybe they can kick some field goals on first down or something. One team is really good, the other is not. Is what it is.

I agree that Matney tries too. I think the issue is going to be that Johnson Co JV squad could easily put a running clock on Rowan in the first half. So what do you do as a coach. Does Johnson Co have a kicker? Maybe they can kick some field goals on first down or something. One team is really good, the other is not. Is what it is.

Many people get caught looking to much into scores. If a coach lays back and tries not to run up the score some may see it as your essentially telling the other team you can't stop us so we are going to stop ourselves. Then if the coach hangs 70 on an opponent playing JV and Freshman the 2nd half they will say they were running it up.

I know Coaches hate these kinda games. Your damned either way. Unfortunately for JC, it's a district game that must be played. Matney has figured out a way to keep the scores of the Boyd and East Carter games realitively low, so I think he will in this one too.

On a side note: I think we should congratulate Coach Matney on reaching his 250th Career win. Definitely a huge milestone in coaching.