BluegrassPreps - Western Kentucky Power Ranking - 10/9/16

Purple88

BluegrassPreps 2016 Western Kentucky Power Rankings – Week 7 Edition

Concerning the top story line for this week: We have 2 this week:

1. It is the popular BYE time of the season. What are the Top 3 things teams need to focus on when going through the BYE week:

A. Heal Your Players! You can’t win in the playoffs without a majority of your team near 100%.

B. That July 7on7 and August scrimmage seems like a far distant memory now! Focus short term and prepare to take down that local rival to set yourself up well within your district for a favorable playoff seeding!

C. If you want to be playing late in November & December, this week is your springboard – Mentally! Take time to rejuvenate and come back to practice with the resolve for long term success! Good Luck!

2. Teams in the West were on Fire this week! The Entire Top 10 either won or were on the BYE week! Our 11 through 15 teams did the same with the exception of puzzling Edmonson County who spit the bit after pulling off one of the biggest upset of the season just 1 week prior (see below)!

Popcorn N Coke Top 10 Version – Week 7:

1. Bowling Green 5A (7-0): BYE

2. Mayfield 2A (7-0): BYE

3. Franklin Simpson 4A (8-0): Win 34-0 vs 4A Allen County Scottsville

4. Greenwood 5A (6-1): BYE

5. South Warren 4A (5-2): Win 34-7 vs 4A Warren East

6. McCracken County 6A (6-2): Win 46-6 at 6A Henderson County

7. Owensboro Catholic (7-1): Win 38-11 at 2A Hancock County

8. Owensboro (5-2): Win 50-16 at 5A Marshall County

9. Christian County 5A (6-2): Win 49-14 vs 5A Owensboro Apollo

10. Hopkinsville 4A (6-1): Win 41-0 vs 4A Logan County

Week 7 Western Kentucky Game of the Week Recap: 4A Allen County Scottsville (4-4) 0 at 4A Franklin Simpson (7-0) 34. According to our good friend @macdon, Franklin Simpson rolled up over 300 yards total offense to less than 60 yards total offense for Allen County Scottsville. But the top story for me in this game is that Scottsville fine QB Chase Wilson did not play and according to our good friend @fastaslightin will be out for the rest of the season. We all love this game, but my heart goes out to this young man who was nothing but a very fine QB. I wish him a speedy recovery and best wishes his senior season. More on the game in the Franklin post below, but fair to say all is good in Wildcat land heading to the BYE week!

Week 8 Western Kentucky Game of the Week: 5A Graves County (5-2) at 5A Christian County (6-2). Big game in 5A District 1, but not quite as big as two weeks ago! Christian County comes into this one on a 3 game spin cycle, where in the Hoptown game they kept playing great defense and opportunistic offense and rode an upside down stat sheet to a big win. Two weeks ago was just about the same script, but the ending changed with Owensboro winning in a Wild 2OT game. This week, the Colonels drove up the Pennyrile and across the Audubon Parkways to meet the low-flying Eagles of Apollo. No contest there, as the Colonels were the ones flying high! Now comes a confident, somewhat unknown Graves County team to the Stadium of Champions. They have beaten Trigg, Murray, Paducah, Apollo and Marshall and lost to Hoptown and Mayfield. So fairly straight forward script for the Eagles! If the Colonel Offense spudders, I could see this being a very close game!

Honorable Mention: Hopkinsville at Calloway County, Adair County at Etown, McLean County at Butler County

Meat & Potato’s Version Week 7 Top 10:

10) Hopkinsville (4A) – PR: 9; LW: 10 - 2016 Record 6-1; District Record 2-0] Week 7 Results: Win 41-0 vs 4A Logan County (0-6) That SUPREME Cupcake was good and easy as expected. 34-0 at the half. No stats available just yet, but you can image a lot for Hoptown and very little for Poor Ole Logan County! Week 8: In Lakers Country at 4A Calloway County (6-1). No one really talkin about the Lakers, but Coach Mickey Garrison has his team playing fine football with their only loss coming at 5A Marshall County by a touchdown (which looked like a better loss several weeks ago). Did you know that up until last week only Franklin Simpson, Johnson Central and Hoptown had given up less points in 4A this season than Calloway County – How bout that! Granted, they haven’t played world beaters, but there is something to be said about keeping your head down, not making a lot of waves and just win and advance. Seems like that’s what the Lakers are doing and BIG Congrats to them for it! However, they haven’t played anyone close to the athletic ability of this Hoptown squad and that ultimately will be the difference! I won’t call Calloway a cupcake, but more like a “scone” that ultimately the Tigers will devour and move on! Still much to play for Lakers and I wouldn’t be surprised if you kept it close for a while.

9) Christian County (5A) – PR: 5; LW: 9 - 2016 Record 6-2; [District Record 2-1] Week 7 Results: Win: 49-14 at 5A Owensboro Apollo (2-5). According to our good friend @chrisjung, the Colonels had their way with the Eagles. Led again by superstar WR Keyron Catlett. But more inspiring was the play of SO RB Jadonavin McNeal who rushed for 36 yards and 2 TDs. Week 8: Western Kentucky Game of the Week vs 5A Graves County (5-2). For the last 10 seasons these 2 have played each other in the regular season (skipped 2009 and 2010), they are dead even at 5 and 5 and most game scores are very competitive! I look for this game to be that way as well. Christian County should be the favorite, but Graves is at their most dangerous when you count them out! BEWARE Colonels!

8) Owensboro (5A) – PR: 7; LW: 8 - 2016 Record 5-2; [District Record 2-0] Week 6 Results: Win: 50-16 at 5A Marshall County (3-4). According to our good friend @devils58, the Red Devils easily dispatched the Marshalls, who just aren’t at the level of the top teams in their district, just yet anyway (I am high on them to improve long term). Landon Board was very efficient again with 4 carries and 143 yards. QB Zach Gross had a fine game with a rushing and a passing TD! According to the Marshall County stats, Owensboro gained 350 yards offense (all but 28 on the ground) while Marshall only gained 270 (182 of that through the air). But the real bright spot was the Red Devil D with 4 INTs with Super Frosh Imonte Owsley taking 1 60 yards to the house! Week 8: vs cross-town rival Owensboro Apollo (2-5). The last Eagle win was back on October 29, 2004 at Rash Stadium (33-12). Tough sledding for the Eagles since that time! The sled will be too heavy again this year I’m afraid as the Red Devils have likely hit their stride and starting to play better each week now.

7) Owensboro Catholic (2A) – PR: Top 15; LW: 7 - 2016 Record 7-1; [District Record 3-0] Week 7 Results: Win: 38-11 at Hancock County 2A (3-5). Great insight again by our friend @devils58, who reports the Hornets played very hard against the Aces, especially in the first half with the Aces only up 21 -11. That’s good for the Aces to be in a closer game. But they may be somewhat complacent at the moment. Still Vonn Williams playing great ball with 190 yards rushing for the Aces! Week 8: vs Poor Ole 2A Todd County Central (0-7). If I’m Coach Edge, I treat this game like a strategic scrimmage. You are going to get plenty of time for your young guys in this one (as heck they could likely beat the Rebels by themselves). But I am talking about focusing on game plans/strategies/wrinkles that you will partially or fully implement or have for a certain game situation should it come up in the playoffs against teams where your young guys won’t play (i.e. Mayfield).

6). McCracken County (6A) – PR: 4; LW: 6 - 2016 Record 6-2; [District Record 3-0] Week 7 Results: Win: 46 to 6 at 6A Henderson County 6A (2-6). Cash Jones still playing very well with 12-17 passing for 129 yards and 3 TDs. Darian Woods with 7 catches for 82 yards and a TD. RB Taeshawn Allen is better than you think with 3 carries for 67 yards and 2 TDs. Abijah Williams with 10 tackles leading the Mustang D. Score was 46 to zip at the end of the 3rd Quarter. It is what you would expect from a Mustang perspective. But Henderson County was at home and didn’t put a score on the McCracken first team defense. I would call that disappointing, but beat Daviess County and you can host your last game of the season! At least you’d get the gate!

Week 8: BYE. Not bad work Mustangs! You retreat to the confines of the BYE week in pretty good shape as I don’t know of significant injuries for you at this point. Looking back at your season with a sober shot of courage, you see wins against 1 regrouping 3A school (Tilghman), a foundation shattered 4A club (Warren Central), and a rebuilding 4A club (Madisonville-NH). Now you have seized control of your hollow district by playing well. No shots there - you know it is what it is. Your losses are to 2 REALLY good ball clubs! 2A Mayfield is listed as over 1,200 spots better than you right now according to MaxPreps. Pulaski Academy (AR) is listed as over 1,600 spots better than you. But what I like most about this Mustangs team is when you were getting smoked against Mayfield early in that game, you DID NOT QUIT and fought back valiantly against a VERY good team and that takes leadership, effort and the WILL to win. Impressive! Rest up Mustangs for the All-Mustang battle with Muhlenberg County happens soon and then the Purples come for Trick or Treat on the 28th!

OH, there is a game this week that all Mustang fans MUST pay attention to: Pleasure Ridge Park at Dupont Manual. In fact, I’m hoping Coach Jackson and staff travels up to see it (GREAT Venue at Old Manual Stadium – Built in 1923 – State Championships were also played there back in the day)! Why is this game important to you? Because the loser will be your first round opponent in the playoffs. Either one will be difficult for you to beat. BUT no matter who loses that game, you can beat them, but you will have to play with more determination than them for 4 quarters to do it and your schedule minus Mayfield, Pulaski and BG won’t help you here. Focus on this in the BYE week Mustangs and you can take the next step in your young program!!!

5) South Warren (4A) – PR: 3; LW: 5 - 2016 Record 5-2; [District Record 1-1] Week 7 Results: Win: 34-7 vs 4A Warren East (2-6). According to our good friend @jcarter, the Spartans were very balanced on the night and JR QB Cody Eblen stepped in very well for the injured Ryder Litten and should have the inside track to be the Spartan QB next season! Warren East is playing pretty well right now so this is a better win than the Raider record would imply. Week 8: vs 4A Allen County - Scottsville (4-4). As mentioned above, JR QB Chase Wilson sustained a season ending knee injury in the Warren East game. This is devastating for the Patriots who are still a decent squad, but offensively I just don’t see them challenging the Spartan D in this one. Continue to heal up Spartans; plenty of cupcakes between now and the next time you will really need your best available!

4). Greenwood (5A) – PR: 10; LW: 4 - 2016 Record 6-1; [District Record 1-0] Week 7 Results: BYE. Gators have to be pleased with where they sit at 6 and 1, but this is the same record they had last year (they just swapped South Warren with Franklin Simpson for their 1 loss). What will it take care of get over the hump – Purple Hump - that is? BG stands in Greenwoods way again. But even if they don’t beat the Purples in a couple weeks, would you call a Week 2 upset at Rash Stadium (sorry Graves County fans, I kinda jumped you there) a step forward for this program? I SURE would. Week 8: At Poor Ole 5A Grayson County (1-6). Another great chance for Coach Seabolt to run a glorified practice focused on things you’d like to work on before your trip to El Donaldson Stadium. No Contest against the Cougars!

3) Franklin Simpson (4A) – PR: 8; LW – 3 - 2016 Record 8-0; [District Record 3-0] Week 7 Results: Win: 48-0 over 4A Allen County - Scottsville (4-4). Our good friend @FSfan put it best; The Franklin Simpson passing game is making all the difference this year! Coach Preston and staff should be commended for this, as it was a GLARING need last season and they have worked on it and implemented an effective passing game to better balance the offense. It is easy to say that, but much more difficult to implement it! Congrats as it is really paying off! Week 8: BYE. Wildcats haven’t been 8 and 0 since before the Riherd’s page data (1998) and I believe I recall someone mentioning the 1994 season as the last one with this much success. Take some R&R Wildcat fans! The Warren East game in a couple weeks is another potential trap game for you as the Raiders have had some tough luck this season, but of late played well. Then the OLD Rivalry up KY 100 to play the Undefeated Russellville Panthers. You will be the favorite, but it should be a terrific battle. Good Luck!

2) Mayfield (2A) – PR: 2; LW: 2 - 2016 Record 7-0; [District Record 1-0] - Week 7 Results: BYE. I am intrigued what a coaching staff as good as Mayfield’s agenda would be over a break in the middle of the season like this when really the only bad thing that has happened is an injury to your star RB. He seems (from afar) to be recouping nicely. Regardless, I suppose they make ready more concise battle plans for potential future playoff foes. Sharpening the saw, if you will. I don’t think a team that good just sits around waiting for the next game! Week 8: In Bomber Country at 2A Ballard Memorial (4-3). The Bombers have had a fine year by all accounts and really could have defeated a fine 3A Casey County squad (lost 35-33). These teams didn’t play between 2015 and 2010 (to cleanse the mind of beatings I suppose), but other than that they have played the rest of the time between 1998 and 2015 and Mayfield has won every time. The closest game I could find was a 2008 42-38 Mayfield win in Barlow. Maybe a knowledgeable Mayfield fan could let us know if Ballard has ever beaten Mayfield in football. If yes, it wouldn’t be many times. Oh and this year won’t be one either!

1) Bowling Green (5A) – PR: 1; LW: 1 - 2016 Record 7-0; [District Record 7-0] Week 7 Results: BYE. Purples re-energize over Fall Break having fulfilled every likely goal they had for the first half of the season! The offense has never been better and the defense seems to continue to improve. Turnovers and injuries would seem to be the remaining stumbling blocks for this special BG squad. Week 8: In Trojan Country at Poor Ole 5A Barren County (0-7). All you can do with a 0 and 7 team is treat it like a scrimmage. We’ll see if they get in more than the 59 players that played vs Grayson County. But BIG game on the horizon Purple Fans as the #4 Greenwood Gators are on the horizon to travel to the El with the District Championship on the line. Should be a good one! Week 8 though: Forget about it! The 2 have played between 2007 and 2015; all no-contest Purple wins. They did not play between 1999 and 2007. In 1998, BG won by the closest amount I could find 39-10 and they were district mates at that time also.

Week 7 Players of the Week: (I am going to try to pick different guys for this list to try and provide more hardworking young men a chance to get highlighted than to keep going to the same ones over and over. Also, I do not get all the stats by the time this edition goes out, so please add to the list and thank you for it!)

1) Keyron Catlett – Mr. Everything for Christian County – According to our good friend @chrisjung, 3 yard TD run, 40 yard TD catch, 40 yard punt return TD and 2 2-point conversion catches. I realize I had him here last week, but no one put up those kinds of stats this week and he’s a heck of a player!

2) Shane Burns – QB – Caldwell County – 16 for 21 for 307 yards and 5 TDs vs 1 INT vs rival Trigg County!

3) Dontae Smith – RB – Union County – 12 carries for 115 yards and 3 TDs; Don’t look now but the Braves sit at 5 and 2 and play in Morganfield vs Tilghman for the #2 spot in the district next week! Big Game!

4) Jacob Bellah – JR QB & S – Calloway County – with the 5 games reported has 77 rushes for 468 yards and 3 TDs; 26 for 66 for 474 yards and 9 TDs vs 3 INTs! 1 INT and 3 fumble recoveries as a S plus 18 tackles! Impressive! Figured we should show the Lakers a little love here!

Week 7 “Big Droppers”

Edmonson County (3A) – Down – I’ll be as bald as Elmer Fudd trying to scratch my head to understand how a team that upsets a solid Adair County squad 1 week drives about 40 minutes over to Munfordville and is up 26-8 with 6:41 left in the 3rd Q and THEN collapses against a team that had only beaten 2 winless opponents (Caverna and Todd County Central) on the year!?!?!? I am happy for Coach Griffin’s Raiders of Hart County, but for Edmonson County????? I guess it just shows you how fragile high school football really is and these are high school kids playing and the margin of victory sometimes is realized by HUGE momentum swings (which I don’t have that info if it happened)! No other explanation can I find!

Allen County Scottsville (4A) – Down – May be unfair of me to play the Patriots here, but you are the only ones other than Edmonson County and Henderson County in the Top 20 to lose! My heart goes out again to the Patriots fine QB Chase Wilson! Resolve to come back strong and make your senior year memorable! Good luck on your rehab! As our good friend @DragonFire said, near impossible for you to defeat a stand-out Franklin Simpson club on the road without Wilson. Same task next week at South Warren. Final week vs a surging currently undefeated Bardstown squad may now be out of reach as well. Currently sets up a terrific game in Murray vs a very solid Calloway County Round 1 of the playoffs. Good luck the rest of the way!

Week 7 “Big Risers”

Calloway County (5A) – Up – Even Magic Johnson should be proud of this Lakers team! Sitting at 6 and 1 with the only loss to a then playing well 5A Marshall County team (20-13). The Party may be over when the Tigers come to town, but that’s no reason to get down! As you have a great shot at being 7 and 3 on the season with a wounded Allen County Scottsville team having to make the long journey to Murray for a playoff tussle. From there you’d have to travel to Franklin, where I don’t like your chances, but still a VERY respectable season! Good Luck!

Caldwell County (3A) – Up – Left on the road for dead! The Tigers have run off 5 straight wins very convincingly! The opponents they lost to (1 in 4A, 1 in 5A, and 1 in 6A) have a combined record of 20 and 4. That says a lot to me! This Tiger team is peaking at the right time. Fort Campbell will be pot luck next week. Then one of the best games in Western Kentucky all year when the Tigers travel to Mayfield to battle the high flying Cardinals! Don’t count this team out for a deep 3A run!

11 Thru 15

11. Russellville (1A) – Preseason Rank (PR): Top 15; Last Week (LW): 11 - 2016 Record 7-0; [District Record 1-0] Week 7 Results: BYE. Playing the Fulton’s in district is like a permanent BYE. It’s fun, but can make you soft. Beechwood isn’t playing teams as low as the Fultons. Just sayin. Week 8: vs 1A Fulton City (1-7). I like the Panthers, but it’s like they’re on a 3 week BYE! Man that makes playing good teams that much tougher. Just my opinion! So when Franklin Simpson comes calling for a Trick or Treat Showdown off West 9th Street and punches the Panthers in the mouth, they will likely be sorry 1 way or another for the Fulton-type games!

12. Glasgow (2A) – PR: Top 15; LW: 12 – 2016 Record: 5-1: BYE. Probably a good time for the Bye for the Scotties as I think they continue to have some injuries. Good opportunity to regroup and make a RUN! Back half of the schedule looks manageable with lesser district mates to tussle with and a regular season finale at 3A Etown. Good scheduling for the playoffs!

13. Caldwell County (3A) – Well Tiger Fans you take out the Trigg County Wildcats for another year and retain the “Cool as a Fan” 139 Trophy for another year!!! If you don’t know about that, you are not alone. I highly encourage you to read our good friends @The Scribe and @PtownDude account of this underrated Western KY rivalry: http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/trigg-county-caldwell-260832.html

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/caldwell-county-trigg-335045.html

Shane Burns as you saw above had another big game as did WR Jameer Riley with 7 catches for 110 yards and 2 TDs! Don’t look now, but after a Falcon Feast next week you are off until your barometer game with the ever-solid Mayfield Cardinals. What a FANTASTIC Game last season! Can the Tigers make it competitive this season too? You tell me!

14. Graves County (5A) – The 5 and 2 Eagles have been like driving Tin Lizzie’s at Opryland. Up until now you know what you’re going to get and you stay on that track no matter what. In other words, they have beaten the teams they have supposed to beat and lost to the teams they have supposed to lose to. Now comes the most important test of the year in the Western Kentucky Game of the Week at district foe Christian County. Can Graves jump the track this week and pull a big District upset? We shall see Sports Fans…

15. Adair County (3A) – PR: Top 15; LW: 15 – 2016 Record: 6-1. Indians at the BYE week. Facing now (arguably) your toughest game on your schedule (at Etown). Gut check time for the Indians! You have a good squad! Now is the time to show it!

Others Receiving Votes: Calloway County, Butler County, Paducah Tilghman, Allen County Scottsville, Muhlenberg County, Edmonson County, Monroe County, Metcalfe County, McLean County

“Broke Their Maiden” – In horse racing, when you break your maiden, you win your first race. Well this category is for teams that don’t get as much love, but did get their first victory of the season here and I think that’s significant:

Either Logan County or Todd County Central have to come here right! I hope they don’t tie 0 to 0. Anybody else likely to join them? It’s a tough call…

THE FORMIDABLE 4: STRONG Group right here! What are the odds they all win State Championships? I’d say they are high! Would you say the % I have displayed below is their % chance to win their respective classifications? I probably would!

You know either Franklin or Russellville will be forced out of this group! Will any others join them?

Team (% likely to remain undefeated all season) (biggest challengers remaining)

(In alphabetical order):

Bowling Green (95%) (Greenwood and McCracken County)

Franklin Simpson (75%) (Russellville)

Mayfield (85%) (Caldwell County)

Russellville (50%) (Franklin Simpson)

THE SULLEN 6: We’re as sullen, beat up, ripped jerseys as ever! (This made me laugh re-reading it – so I kept it another week!) But I honestly feel for each and every one of these 6 teams that REMAIN winless on the season!

Team (% likely to get a win this season) (best chance at a win remaining)

(In alphabetical order):

Barren County (35%) (Grayson County and Edmonson County) – BYE week with the Purples on the horizon! Cheer up Trojans! After the Purple Rain, next week you face Grayson County! Rise Up!

Caverna (25%) (Fort Knox) - THIS IS IT Colonel Fans - Fort Knox comes to your house – Rise UP!!! You can win this!

Fulton County (5%) (Merge with Fulton City Please) There are just no winnable games for them! I really feel for the Pilots!

Logan County (50%) (Todd County Central) The Tidy Bowl Game is coming vs Todd County Central on the 28th! Rise Up Cougars! Logan County has now lost 40 straight games :(

Todd County Central (50%) (Logan County) The Tidy Bowl Game is coming vs Logan County on the 28th! Rise Up Rebels!

Warren Central (5%) (Warren East) Warren East has been playing much better of late and that game will be off Louisville Road at Warren East. I just don’t see it this year Dragons, but respect the heck out of you for competing all season! Better luck next year!

Edited by Purple88
gremlins

Kayron Namvong had 158 rushing 2tds rushing and a 38yard td reception.Also SW is getting healthy my bet Litten will be back this week that leaves just two starters left to heal and i believe both are back the following week .And one side note Ford will be available week 2 of playoffs!

Maybe a knowledgeable Mayfield fan could let us know if Ballard has ever beaten Mayfield in football

No they have never beat the Cards

Enjoy the read as always!

You know the old saying:

Cardinals practice on Thanksgiving, Bombers go duck hunting.

1) Keyron Catlett – Mr. Everything for Christian County – According to our good friend @chrisjung, 3 yard TD run, 40 yard TD catch, 40 yard punt return TD and 2 2-point conversion catches. I realize I had him here last week, but no one put up those kinds of stats this week and he’s a heck of a player!

88 nice job as always. Minor note. Catlett actually threw on those 2 2-point conversions. He really can do it all.

Kayron Namvong had 158 rushing 2tds rushing and a 38yard td reception.Also SW is getting healthy my bet Litten will be back this week that leaves just two starters left to heal and i believe both are back the following week .And one side note Ford will be available week 2 of playoffs!

GREAT Info Spin! South not going anyway! Should then be back to full stregnth for Central and the final road trip to Pope John Paul.

HUGE game on the horizon at Hoptown!

i have mixed feelings about the Ford kid stepping in for his first game in such a big game. But I guess you gotta go with the best horses you got!

GREAT Info Spin! South not going anyway! Should then be back to full stregnth for Central and the final road trip to Pope John Paul.

HUGE game on the horizon at Hoptown!

i have mixed feelings about the Ford kid stepping in for his first game in such a big game. But I guess you gotta go with the best horses you got!

He has been at practice (not participating) and hasn't missed school and only wants to show what he can do for SW I think what WC done to these kids was despicable to say one thing and do another and lie to them was wrong.You can't expect him to go back to a program and school leadership who has tried to ruined him to protect themselves I thought the school was to help the student but obviously they protected their own intrest.

Maybe have side by commentators at both Russellville and Todd Central on October 28 to present side by commentaries between the "Haves Bowl" at Rhea Stadium and the "Have Nots Bowl" at Todd Central.

Racer, it really is the mountain top and the bottom of the sea within 20 minutes of each other:lol2: One will be a really good football game, while the other will be a struggle similar to the old christmas football present game that was based on vibration and just the last man standing wins.....:isurrender:

Maybe a knowledgeable Mayfield fan could let us know if Ballard has ever beaten Mayfield in football

No they have never beat the Cards

Enjoy the read as always!

Toothpick,

Thanks for this!

Did you go to that 2008 game in Barlow between these 2?

Must have been a good game!

88 nice job as always. Minor note. Catlett actually threw on those 2 2-point conversions. He really can do it all.

Map,

Thanks for the correction! Not many in the State playing better than Keyron Catlett!

Racer, it really is the mountain top and the bottom of the sea within 20 minutes of each other:lol2: One will be a really good football game, while the other will be a struggle similar to the old christmas football present game that was based on vibration and just the last man standing wins.....:isurrender:

I'm hoping the Russellville franklin game is a good game. Really want Russellville do win or keep it close just to get some respect. I'm worried that the panthers may get exposed on the 28th. Both teams returned the majority of their teams from last year, and we saw how that one ended.

I'm hoping the Russellville franklin game is a good game. Really want Russellville do win or keep it close just to get some respect. I'm worried that the panthers may get exposed on the 28th. Both teams returned the majority of their teams from last year, and we saw how that one ended.

I think Russellville was caught off guard last year. Russellville came into the game 9-1 having only been challenged by Murray. All their other games were blowouts. FS, on the other hand, was 6-4 and had been quite inconsistent. FS rolled to a 21-0 lead and won 34-12 with every offensive yard gained being on the ground. I don't think RHS knew what was coming that night.

This year they are well aware. The Panthers will likely be 9-0 with no challenging games. The closest anyone has come to the Panthers is Murray at 33-14. The game is at Rhea Stadium and RHS will be ready to gain some revenge.