Louisville Football Power Rankings for 10-3 - Sponsored by Get in the Game on WBKI.

Bert

Thanks to our Sponsor WBKI TV Louisville The CW. Get in the game with Game On WBKI Saturdays @ 8p.

Tv station: WBKI TV

Twitter: @ItsGame_On

WBKI%2520Game%2520On.jpg

1. Trinity (7-0) – Trinity entered their game against X as the favorite but not a heavy favorite. The left the game making people reconsider. Their 35-13 beating of St.X was quite impressive and further cements them as the #1 team. Next week’s game against Eastern should be ugly. The following week versus Seneca will be worse.

2. Male (6-1) – Trinity isn’t the only team looking strong last weekend. Male’s 46-3 knock out of PRP was the most decisive game against the talented Panthers this year, and this year includes close PRP losses to Trinity and St. X. Did Male just catch PRP at a beaten down moments after losses to X and Trinity or is Male peaking in the second half of the season and is tired of playing second fiddle to Trinity this season? Hard to say but after next week’s bye Males faces a stronger opponent in St. X. For years, Male and X have somewhat looked at each other as their #2 rivals (ie X’s #1 is Trinity, Male’s is Manual) which will add passion to this game. The Bulldogs will be favored but beating X after coming off a loss is no easy task.

3. Dupont Manual (7-0) – Another nice win by the Crimsons, this one over Butler. For week’s the author of these rankings has pondered who should be #3, Manual or X? Due to being undefeated and having some nice wins, Manual has won the #3 spot but next week they have to earn it as they head to play the Tigers of St. X in this week’s Featured Game of the Week. This game has been extremely frustrating for Manual due to just not being able to beat X for so many years and coming close often. This is one of the better Manual teams in a while and the opportunity is ripe for Manual to finally take down the monkey/tiger on their back. Can they do it?

4. St. Xavier (5-2) – While most people expected Trinity to beat X, even Trinity fans probably were not expecting a three touchdown margin. X has no time to lick their wounds with the undefeated Crimsons come to Tigerland this weekend. Losing this game would take a lot of emotional steam out of the players, can this be said to be a must win game? Not sure but a large margin win would get some momentum back into the program.

5. Christian Academy of Louisville (6-1) – CAL just keeps playing quality football beating legit Meade County 38-7 but next week is the real test for CAL. It is a shame the CAL vs DeSales game falls next weekend. Most any other week and it would be the featured game of the week. This has become a great rivalry pitting two small but strong and proud programs against each other. CAL tends to take the regular season game and the looks to be favored again this season.

6. St. Francis DeSales (6-1) – Very nice win for the Colts against a quality team like North Hardin with a very convincing 41-14 victory. Next up is DeSale’s regular season nemesis, Christian Academy of Louisville. While DeSales generally beats CAL in the playoffs, the regular season game tends to allude the Colts from victory.

7. South Oldham (6-0) – As expected South Oldham beat Nelson County convincingly bumping South up one spot. Next week shouldn’t be much of a game against Bullitt East.

8. Pleasure Ridge Park (4-3) – Normally three straight losses would bounce a team right out of the rankings but those losses were to Trinity, St. X and Male. Because the Male loss was a little ugly, PRP will drop one. Next week possible redemption comes in the name of Butler. A respectable opponent who has taken losses from quality opponents. Sounds like a mini version of PRP. Should be a good game.

9. Ballard (5-2) – Ballard was expected to handle Seneca and they did just that. Much consideration was given to flipping PRP and Ballard but THIS week Ballard will have to look up at PRP at least one more time. J town visits the Bruins next weekend which shouldn’t be much of a game.

10. Spencer County (6-1) – Welcome to the rankings Spencer County. Six straight victories earns the Bears a spot in the rankings. Next week is Franklin County is which should be another victory.

Honorable Mention -

North Hardin (5-2) – Losing to DeSales didn’t knock North out of the rankings. Losing 41-14 did. Still a respectable season who deserves to be watched the next few weeks to see if they can get back in the rankings.

Fern Creek (5-2) – While the Tigers are not playing spectacular football, it is good enough to warrant Honorable Mention. The rest of their season is below average competition unfortunately not giving Fern Creek much opportunity to advance unless losses occur.

Teams on the RiseSouth Oldham just keeps winning. That should be enough justification to award South when no other teams are really surging up at the moment.

Teams on the DeclineNorth Hardin The loss to DeSales was not the issue, it was the margin of defeat. Three quality opponents coming up (Meade, Central Hardin and O Cath) gives North the opportunity to get back in the rankings..

Edited by True blue (and gold)

Good group of teams. Still think SO should be 5 and that will be a good game against Bul. East.

I can't see South Oldham at # 5. They haven't beaten a single team with a winning record. Three of the teams are winless, and one of the teams has one win. I can't see them beating CAL, or DeSales, or a few other teams they are in front of.

I'd make a couple of minor flips, but overall a great list. I love that we get to see numbers 3 & 4 and 5 & 6 play this week. That will certainly establish placement.

Would you agree this is one of Manuals best opportunities to beat X? Manual is playing as good as I recall and this looks to be one of X's more average teams.

I actually think this St. X team is better than most people are giving them credit for. If Manual wins I will be surprised.

Oh, I agree, X should win. I just think Manual is playing their best ball in years and this year's X is definitely in the middle of the X teams of the past 20 years so the "gap" between the two is the smallest I can remember so this may be their best shot.

I appreciate the comments everyone. Is there a team out there I am completely forgetting anyone can think of?

Bert,

I am not sure if they are in your area or not, but I looked in the Lex/Central KY ranking and they weren't there either. What about 2A Bardstown? They are 6 and 0 for the first time since 2012 I think and a good story at that. I realize they won't beat Trinity or St X, but still worthy of conversation along side the other REALLY strong 2A schools in the immediate area.

Bert,

I am not sure if they are in your area or not, but I looked in the Lex/Central KY ranking and they weren't there either. What about 2A Bardstown? They are 6 and 0 for the first time since 2012 I think and a good story at that. I realize they won't beat Trinity or St X, but still worthy of conversation along side the other REALLY strong 2A schools in the immediate area.

Bardstown is 3A now.

I can't see South Oldham at # 5. They haven't beaten a single team with a winning record. Three of the teams are winless, and one of the teams has one win. I can't see them beating CAL, or DeSales, or a few other teams they are in front of.

I think those would be good games to see. Yes I can see them beating some of those teams. Just because the schedule isn't as strong as they thought it might be when they made it 3 years ago does not make them a bad team. Just have to see how the rest of the games play out.

I think they are considered Louisville area, but I can't see them in the top ten. An honorable mention spot would be well deserved, though.

I agree Diver!

He just asked you haven't spoken about that might deserve it and I think an Honorable Mention would be worthy of what appears to be a fine Bardstown squad!