Cabela's & BassPro To Merge

Cabela's, Bass Pro announce merger | FOX23

Quick Facts:

• Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s announced a merger Monday
  • Bass Pro Shops acquired Cabela’s in a $5.5 billion transaction
  • Credit card and loyalty programs will not change

Bass Pro Shops purchased Cabela's in a $5.5 billion merger. The outfitter acquires 85 specialty retail stores in the western US and Canada.

The stores, catalog business and online presence will be integrated with Bass Pro Shops and White River Marine Group.

Capitol One will help Bass Pro manage the credit card and loyalty programs under the Cabela's name. Those cards and rewards will remain unchanged through the merger.

Cabela's shareholders will receive $65.50 per share in cash.

While I am pretty much a Bass Pro guy, there are some things that I could get at Cabelas that were not available at Bass Pro. Hopefully, those will still remain available and that the Cabelas stores won't simply become Bass Pro.

While I am pretty much a Bass Pro guy, there are some things that I could get at Cabelas that were not available at Bass Pro. Hopefully, those will still remain available and that the Cabelas stores won't simply become Bass Pro.

Totally agree

I'll also add that I hope that they don't change all the Cabelas clothing into Redhead clothing because there's no comparison in the quality. The Cabelas brand clothing is head and shoulders above the redhead junk. However, if you're a fisherman, the selection at BPS is infinitely better.

^ There's a Dunham's (think Dick's baby brother) in Maysville. Lots of floor space, but I never see more than 3 or 4 people in there at a time. I've always wondered how they keep their doors open.

Add Hibbitts to that list.

• 4 months later...