4A #5 Hopkinsville at Madisonville-North Hopkins

DragonFire

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Hopkinsville
    • Madisonville-North Hopkins

The Tigers enter off a bye week ready to begin thrashing their district rivals, and Madisonville is up first. The Tigers are 4-1 after a loss to rival Christian County (still inexplicable), while Madisonville is just 1-5 and lost to Calloway County. A season ago the records were the same, and the result was 45-14 in favor of Hopkinsville. Will we see a repeat?

Senior night for Madisonville....doesn't mean a thing. This team has no fire left after all the beat downs they have suffered this year. Biggest playmaker and heart of the team soph. Dan Fulton out rest of year with broken collarbone suffered against Tilghman. Hoptown should be able to name the score. I figure it boils down to Hoptown and Franklin Simpson in 4A.

Senior night for Madisonville....doesn't mean a thing. This team has no fire left after all the beat downs they have suffered this year. Biggest playmaker and heart of the team soph. Dan Fulton out rest of year with broken collarbone suffered against Tilghman. Hoptown should be able to name the score. I figure it boils down to Hoptown and Franklin Simpson in 4A.

Hey Maroonman, with Fulton just a SO, how do you feel about next season? Sounds like you might have some good young guys coming up?

I agree with Macdon on this. Hoptown is very dangerous!

With their schedule though, they are the firecracker that burns down and stops.

Do you pick it up or let it go to see if it will fire? Dangerous!!! Would not want to play them in the playoffs!

My second thought after the the SW game Friday night was, if things play out as expected (ACS will play a huge factor), the FS win over SW sent the Spartans to Hoptown week two of the playoffs. Spinstopshere talks about "speed"....the Tigers are "fast and furious".

My second thought after the the SW game Friday night was, if things play out as expected (ACS will play a huge factor), the FS win over SW sent the Spartans to Hoptown week two of the playoffs. Spinstopshere talks about "speed"....the Tigers are "fast and furious".

I completely agree. I thought the only team that could have given South a game last year was Hoptown (because they pass and can losen up that D). I think 1 huge factor for Franklin last Friday was a solid passing game. That was new compared to last year. When South has to think about just run game, forget about it. But that passing element makes them vulnerable. Playoffs will be really fun to keep up with!

No easy game for HHS after week one in the playoffs, this could be a great run for them or another second round loss. They just need to stay healthy and keep getting better each week!

Blue,

I agree with this, but when you are winning by running clocks and then go to a tough close physical game throughout; it can be tough to turn the switch back on again.

Next season's schedule is not as frontloaded with top tier teams as this and last years were. So there should be some games to take advantage of developement. Most of the freshman class played on a travel squad last fall that went undefeated in several state tourny's, then went to Dallas and won the FCS National Championship. Maroon's have 6 or 7 solid sophs and most in the freshman class have good skills, they have been together on this travel squad for about six years. So I am really looking forward to the next few years.

Next season's schedule is not as frontloaded with top tier teams as this and last years were. So there should be some games to take advantage of developement. Most of the freshman class played on a travel squad last fall that went undefeated in several state tourny's, then went to Dallas and won the FCS National Championship. Maroon's have 6 or 7 solid sophs and most in the freshman class have good skills, they have been together on this travel squad for about six years. So I am really looking forward to the next few years.

Sounds great Maroon! I will keep them on my radar for sure!

That is really cool how they formed that travel squad. Takes a lot of time, effort, and $Mon-roe$ to do, but more power to you! I'd say it will pay off!

• 2 weeks later...