4A #3 Franklin-Simpson at Warren Central

DragonFire

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Franklin-Simpson
    • Warren Central

The Wildcats travel to historical rival Warren Central riding to their first 6-0 start since the 1994 edition started 9-0. Ironically, the team that prevented that '94 team from finishing a perfect regular season? Warren Central.

Alas, no fireworks will be present here. Franklin-Simpson is coming off a spectacular 30-24 win over South Warren, placing themselves squarely in the driver's seat for the district title and homefield advantage in the first three rounds of the playoffs. It avenged a pair of losses to the Spartans last season, and is expected to perhaps be the first of two meetings. Meanwhile, Warren Central had its closest result of the year, but still fell to 0-6 via a 23-6 loss to Allen County-Scottsville. A 6-0 team meets an 0-6 team - what could go wrong?

I have seen the new Field/Stadium on video. Looks great! It's good that someone finally figured out to elevate the visitors bleachers.

Game wise I see a lot of special teams scores and long scoring plays. Then a lot of backup work.

With this facility the Dragons will be back.

WC was also the only blemish on what would have been another perfect regular season for FS...just 5 years ago. WC beat FS 34-6, then FS won 12 straight before falling to Highlands in the state title game in 2011. I don't expect that to happen this year. Hopefully WC can rebound from its struggles sooner rather than later.