4A #4 Franklin-Simpson vs. 2A Metcalfe County

DragonFire

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Franklin-Simpson
    • Metcalfe County

It's an unexpected battle of unbeatens when the Metcalfe County Hornets travel to take on the 4th ranked Franklin-Simpson Wildcats. Franklin-Simpson enters off of an impressive, albeit truncated win over Caldwell County, a 14-6 decision that was called at the half. But that they're 2-0 isn't unthinkable. Metcalfe County, on the other hand, won only two games last season. The Hornets have not started 2-0 since 2007's state semifinal run, and in fact had not won either of their first two games since 2008. Chances are that the Wildcats will reintroduce them to the loss column, but what say you?

Homecoming for FS this week. Gotta be as early a homecoming game as I can remember. Sometimes it can be a distraction, but I think the Cats have too much talent for Metcalfe to handle. I'll say FS 48-6.

If FS plays their game they will be fine. If they get to caught up in homecoming, a huge system-wide week long party, they could be in some trouble.

I trust that the staff will have them focused and we will see a Homcoming win and the a great concert at the Stadium by The Jimmy Church Band.

Last year's game at Edmonton had a large point spread but the Metcalfe kids scrapped and battled every minute of the game. Probably took a trip down to Dumas Walker for a bottle of Ski and talked about the licks they laid them Franklin boys.

Last year's game at Edmonton had a large point spread but the Metcalfe kids scrapped and battled every minute of the game. Probably took a trip down to Dumas Walker for a bottle of Ski and talked about the licks they laid them Franklin boys.

Did they have a slawburger and fries with that Ski? :thumb: