4A #9 Collins vs. 5A Bullitt East

DragonFire

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Collins was one of the rare 4A teams to win last week, and rode the wave a 34-18 road win over Montgomery County to a top ten slot, just behind their rival Shelby County. The air raid was working as usual for Collins in game 1, with JR Lucas posting 186 yards and 3 TD passes on 15/26 passing. But they were outgained by a fairly wide margin thanks to 267 yards allowed on the ground to Montgomery County. This week, they'll host Bullitt East, which fell 36-32 to Eastern, but did rush for over 200 yards on the ground in that losing effort. Can Collins D tighten up enough for their aerial assault to make this a blowout?

Answer to both questions is yes.

I think this is the year all those young guns at Collins start to shine.

Don't always think it is an aerial assault by the Collins. They also have excellent running backs and can beat you with the run as much as the pass.

I would not look past this Bullitt East team. They put up 400 yards of offense and 32 points against a 6A Jefferson county team last week. Collins will need to prove that they can stiffen that defense. They gave up over 250 yards rushing last week. Montgomery does not have the weapons and speed that Bullitt East has. That receiver is 6'4" 200lbs and just ran past the our DBs. We had some very good play on special teams and some big plays on 3rd and 4th down, or we would have not pulled that one out.

I would suspect that Bullitt East will win this one, but it will be close.

I would not look past this Bullitt East team. They put up 400 yards of offense and 32 points against a 6A Jefferson county team last week. Collins will need to prove that they can stiffen that defense. They gave up over 250 yards rushing last week. Montgomery does not have the weapons and speed that Bullitt East has. That receiver is 6'4" 200lbs and just ran past the our DBs. We had some very good play on special teams and some big plays on 3rd and 4th down, or we would have not pulled that one out.

I would suspect that Bullitt East will win this one, but it will be close.

Gained 400 and gave up how many? Collins offense can be just as productive. The D will get better.

I've been hiding among the high and mighty elites of Shelby County. :lol2:

In all seriousness though, this should be a pretty good game. I'm sure Bullitt East has improved from last season, and Collins has a lot of work to do on both sides of the ball. Still, the Titans are the favorite and a loss would be very disappointing.