4A #7 Hopkinsville vs. 5A Graves County (8/20)

DragonFire

Who wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Hopkinsville
    • Graves County

Hopkinsville enters 2016 as perhaps the most intriguing dark horse candidate to unseat South Warren. They have the one dimension that basically every other 4A team lacks - a passing game. QB Jalen Johnson threw for 31 touchdowns and over 2,100 yards last season, with that air raid attack leading the Tigers to a district title for the first time in a decade, and their first 10 win season in 13 years. His leading receiver and rusher return as well to lead the potent offense. A year ago, they used this opening game against Graves County to make a resounding statement, turning a 42 point loss in 2014 into a 27 point win in 2015. Will they declare they are ready for a serious run with another statement or can Graves County regain their footing, and put a 5-6 2015 campaign behind them?

After seeing the Tigers in person last week at Rash, I have to say, Hoptown has speed to burn. It seems that team speed is always the achilles heel for Graves. I can however, see Graves being able to run the ball on Hoptown. If Graves can make this an ugly, slow down game, and force some Hoptown turnovers, I could see Graves winning. I just think the homerun hitting speed of Hoptown will be too much in the end.

Hopkinsville 35

Graves County 21