Finalized Schedules

Need a little help/confirmation from some folks regarding schedules. My information has all but four teams in Kentucky playing a 10-game schedule this season. If you can tell me if either of these four teams are playing a 10th game, please do so.

Fairview - I have them open September 30 and October 21. They played Coal Grove (OH) in that S-30 spot on the schedule last year.

Fulton City - Open October 21 and October 28. They played Fulton County twice last season, once on that O-28 date. However, Fulton County rearranged their schedule to get another game in and Fulton City is showing a TBA on the KHSAA site.

Shawnee - Open August 19 and September 16. They only played nine games last season and I'm guessing this year is the same.

Sheldon Clark - Open September 9 and October 14. Their schedule changed quite a bit this year after dropping out of district play. They've added two West Virginia teams (Sherman and Hundred) that they didn't play last year. Might one of these dates be filled with another West Virginia team?

Need a little help/confirmation from some folks regarding schedules. My information has all but four teams in Kentucky playing a 10-game schedule this season. If you can tell me if either of these four teams are playing a 10th game, please do so.

Fairview - I have them open September 30 and October 21. They played Coal Grove (OH) in that S-30 spot on the schedule last year.

Fulton City - Open October 21 and October 28. They played Fulton County twice last season, once on that O-28 date. However, Fulton County rearranged their schedule to get another game in and Fulton City is showing a TBA on the KHSAA site.

Shawnee - Open August 19 and September 16. They only played nine games last season and I'm guessing this year is the same.

Sheldon Clark - Open September 9 and October 14. Their schedule changed quite a bit this year after dropping out of district play. They've added two West Virginia teams (Sherman and Hundred) that they didn't play last year. Might one of these dates be filled with another West Virginia team?

Sheldon Clark dropped out of district play why?

I think for lack of competitiveness. It's only for one year, but the district only had three other teams. And they kept Lawrence on the schedule.

Just seemed weird that a team that won a region title in the past decade would have fallen on such hard times.

I really feel for the community of Martin County. Eastern App Coal is selling for out 1/3 of the price it was during the coal spike in the late 2000's and Massey being bought out by Alpha Natural Resources really hurt the area. Alpha eventually bankrupt but prior to bankruptcy the company closed Martin County Coal, eliminating all coal production leaving skeleton crews for environmental treatment and reclamation in an attempt to stay afloat. Lots of high paying jobs left the area and it eventually trickled down into other companies that were directed at providing services to the mining industry. The high school was also closed due to structural deficiencies. The school board moved the high school to the former middle school and consolidated Warfield and Inez Middle. It has been a tough few years in Martin County. I am very hopeful that by them dropping out of district and potentially building a little momentum will get them back on track in the near future.