Tenant Charged with Murder in Death of Missing KY Couple

lawildcat

I would ask that you all say a prayer that this couple is found so the grieving process may start for their families and friends. If you could also throw in a prayer of comfort for @Wireman who is friends with this gentleman and has been out searching for them.

Tenant charged with murder in death of missing Kentucky couple - NY Daily News

A Kentucky man was charged with two counts of murder following the disappearance of the couple who own his rental cabin, authorities said.

Craig Pennington, 52, was arrested Friday and charged with two counts of murder after Robert “Bobby” Jones, 38, and his girlfriend Crystal Warner, 32, disappeared.

The couple went missing Sunday, July 3, after leaving Jones’ family in Letcher County at 3:30 p.m. to check on a tenant at a rental cabin in the rural town of Springfield, a three-hour drive east, family members told Cincinnati NBC affiliate WLWT.

Pennington, the tenant and murder suspect, told police that he met with the couple—and they left to return to their home in Florence.

A car matching the description of the 2012 gray Volkswagen Passat in which the couple was last seen was found in a gravel lot off Interstate 75 outside Georgetown, Ky., a small town just north of Lexington, police said.

The bodies of Jones and Warner have not been recovered, but police said that they have found evidence that suggests the couple is dead.

The search for the couple is ongoing but will not be easy, Kentucky State Police public affairs officer Billy Gregory told the Daily News.

“It really is like finding a needle in the haystack because of the breadth of the area we're trying to cover,” he said. “We have no idea where to utilize search tools because there's nowhere to tell them and nowhere to know where to begin to look.”

Family members have hired K9 search and rescue teams to assist police efforts, Facebook posts show.

"Without bodies, we can't make any kind of arrangements for nothing,” Bryan Reeve, Warner’s stepfather, told NBC affiliate WLWT.

Friends and community members are reeling from the couple’s startling disappearance.

"Everyone's feeling this,” friend and trainer Chris Lemmel told WLWT. “ You kind of see this happen, and you think it's never going to happen to our group or in our community, and when it does, it's just everyone trying to pull together."

Pennington is being held at the Marion County Jail without bond, arrest records show.

His arraignment is scheduled for Monday.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an eyewitness to the murders (suspect's stepson) but he didn't see where the bodies were taken afterwards is my understanding.

Does anyone know what the suspect does for a living? Looks identical to a truck driver for Schneider that comes to my work place once a week

The couple went missing Sunday, July 3, after leaving Jones’ family in Letcher County at 3:30 p.m. to check on a tenant at a rental cabin in the rural town of Springfield, a three-hour drive east, family members told Cincinnati NBC affiliate WLWT.

Is this just a typo in the article?

Does anyone know what the suspect does for a living? Looks identical to a truck driver for Schneider that comes to my work place once a week

He is a truck driver. Can you shoot me a DM? I need any info I can get on this guy

No, that's factual. They drove from Letcher County to Springfield and were never seen nor heard from again.

More like northwest, but it would take about that long.