Alexandria Brewing Company

MJAlltheWay24

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw the kickstarter on FB. So are they trying to raise funds to get a building/location or do they already have that?

From the little research I've done today, I don't believe that they have a location yet. I think the Kickstarter program is to help with that.

I saw the kickstarter on FB. So are they trying to raise funds to get a building/location or do they already have that?

From the kickstarter...

Goals:

We have set a goal of $30,000 with a stretch goal of $60,000 and a crazy goal of $100,000. The goal is the minimum we need to get this project off the ground. The stretch gets us everything we need with minimum investor support. The crazy goal will set a Kickstarter record for a brewery

I'm intrigued.

I've been monitoring their kickstarter efforts the past couple days. If they're close to their goal near the end, I'll probably end up chipping in a bit.

I'm definitely intrigued since that would be in my backyard practically. However, I feel the same about the Kickstarter right now. I'll probably chip in at some point, but want to see it get closer before I do.

What happens in a kickstarter if you pledge money and they don't hit their goal? Is it basically, you only pay your pledged amount if they hit the goal? Or you give the money no matter what? Never contributed to one before.

I'm definitely intrigued since that would be in my backyard practically. However, I feel the same about the Kickstarter right now. I'll probably chip in at some point, but want to see it get closer before I do.

What happens in a kickstarter if you pledge money and they don't hit their goal? Is it basically, you only pay your pledged amount if they hit the goal? Or you give the money no matter what? Never contributed to one before.

Not 100%, but I'm fairly certain you only give the money if the goal is reached.

Not 100%, but I'm fairly certain you only give the money if the goal is reached.

Funding on Kickstarter is all-or-nothing. No one will be charged for a pledge towards a project unless it reaches its funding goal. This way, creators always have the budget they scoped out before moving forward.

Why is funding all-or-nothing?

All-or-nothing funding is a core part of Kickstarter and it has a number of advantages:

It's less risk for everyone. If you need $5,000, it's tough having $1,000 and a bunch of people expecting you to complete a $5,000 project.

It motivates. If people want to see a project come to life, they're going to spread the word.

It works. Of the projects that have reached 20% of their funding goal, 81% were successfully funded. Of the projects that have reached 60% of their funding goal, 98% were successfully funded. Projects either make their goal or find little support. There's little in-between.

• 1 year later...
A little bird told me that they are going to be across the street from the BB&T in Alexandria. Right past Walmart and Wendy's, but on the other side.

Looking at a potential fall opening.

I saw they collaborated with Bad Tom Smith to make a NEIPA. Are any of their other beers available to the public?

I saw they collaborated with Bad Tom Smith to make a NEIPA. Are any of their other beers available to the public?

I think they did a collaboration with Darkness before as well. I think they've had their beer at some small events in the city, but I haven't had any.

The Bad Tom Smith collaboration gets released Friday I believe.