New Fayette County School (Frederick Douglass)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw that they are looking for games for the 17-18 school year. Are they that far along that they will be playing by then. Have they hired administration and coaching staffs? Do they know their classification yet?

No new staff that I'm aware of. As of right now, they don't even have a school name or nickname/colors. They are in 6A but not sure which district. Doesn't Fayette County have a district-wide athletic director? I'm guessing that person is doing the scheduling.

The Fayette County Football Weasels.

Colors: Powder blue, navy, brown, silver, yellow and mint green.

Mascot: A really old guy with breathing problems and a history of being sneaky, Wheezer the Weasel!

Any supporters? Eh? Eh? Get in on the ground level of weasel ball!

you are correct @gchs_uk9 they will be in that district.

They have yet to hire a principal for that school. I am seriously doubting that they have outside facilities completed for the opening as well, & if so they will be the Fayette County Travelin (insert mascot name here).

The school will have 2 gyms, which is impressive by many standards for FCPS.

you are correct @gchs_uk9 they will be in that district.

They have yet to hire a principal for that school. I am seriously doubting that they have outside facilities completed for the opening as well, & if so they will be the Fayette County Travelin (insert mascot name here).

The school will have 2 gyms, which is impressive by many standards for FCPS.

Any clue on school name? Everyone I've talked to still has no idea. Josh Moore from the Herald said he'd like it to be named after Mary Todd Lincoln, but I don't think that was anything more than a suggestion.

So far there has been no public discussion on a name/colors/mascot, etc....... Back when Dunbar was being built, I was told that the school colors & mascot were chosen by a student vote that poled kids that would be attending the school, BUT that could be not true, I wasn't around during that time.

Not sure what, they will do this time in regards to naming/colors/mascots, hopefully if its someone from the district, they have a little aesthetic sense to them & pick a good color scheme. :thumb:

So far there has been no public discussion on a name/colors/mascot, etc....... Back when Dunbar was being built, I was told that the school colors & mascot were chosen by a student vote that poled kids that would be attending the school, BUT that could be not true, I wasn't around during that time.

Not sure what, they will do this time in regards to naming/colors/mascots, hopefully if its someone from the district, they have a little aesthetic sense to them & pick a good color scheme. :thumb:

Looking at the other public schools, the only color not used is orange. I highly doubt a new school in Lexington will be orange, but who knows?! I do hope the name and mascot have at least a passing relevance to something in Fayette County.

My thoughts in no certain order

Color Schemes

Midnight Blue / Baby Blue / White

Black / Orange / White

Purple / Gold / White

Forest Green / Orange / White

Mascot Names

Monarchs

Royals

Racers

Thoroughbreds

If anyone has any thoughts, add them onto the thread.

Realistically and non-sarcastically, I'd like for them to at least try to be original in the mascot.

I think Monarchs and Thoroughbreds would be pretty good, aside from the KY State nickname.

Monarchs with navy, white and silver I think would be great. Mainly because I'm not a fan of anything powder blue. Gross.

Also, what schools is this drawing from? Or expected to draw from?

Mascot Names

Monarchs

Royals

Racers

Thoroughbreds

If anyone has any thoughts, add them onto the thread.

Something horse related seems like the best option, although I probably can't make a good suggestion without knowing the school name.

yeah, there is no timeline for a name as of now. The elementary schools that will open in the fall of 2016 were just named a few months ago, so I would say that it will be closer to the fall/winter of this year before a name is decided upon. I can almost guarantee it wont be Fayette County High School, lol.