Iloka Will Be Most Sought After FA

If the Bengals franchise Iloka (which I think they won't), he will be gone. The franchise tag on him makes M Jones and Nelson not signable. Andre & Leon are gone and should be. Hard to lose a rock solid player like Hall, but his better, even average days are gone. Pac Man is interesting because will someone else want his baggage on and off the field plus pay him well. I think he's a Bengal next year.

Shaun Williams will have to step up. Quality safeties are probably the hardest position to find besides QB.

No way on Earth would I franchise Iloka.

I definitely wouldn't franchise him either. However as I mentioned during the season when people were talking about Reggie Nelson. Illoka is the one I rather the Bengals sign, it would be a bad signing to sign Nelson back for the price he probably will want at his age.

The three Bengals I think the Bengals have to try to get back are Marvin Jones, Illoka, and Adam Jones. Those are the top 3 guys they need to try to sign back, if they can get them back then they should be able to deal with any of the other guys they lose and not really be hurting much.

I know most people don't want the Bengals to sign Marvin Jones for 7 million a year, even though I think the Bengals definitely should if that price holds true. I have a feeling his price tag will get up to around 9 million a year. He is going to be one of the top free agent wide receivers out there, and teams know that they are going to have to offer him a price that is higher than the Bengals for him to leave what he knows. Marvin Jones agent played it perfectly by having Marvin Jones parade around during super bowl week talking to everyone, and saying how he is going to explore the market and won't be a hometown discount. With there not being so many good wr's out there, some team will be willing to overpay for him and will offer him more than the 7 million to get him, because I do think the Bengals will eventually get to the 7 million a year offer, but some team will go higher and the Bengals will then back off. Which if it goes to more than 7 million, then I would agree not to sign him back.

I definitely wouldn't franchise him either. However as I mentioned during the season when people were talking about Reggie Nelson. Illoka is the one I rather the Bengals sign, it would be a bad signing to sign Nelson back for the price he probably will want at his age.

The three Bengals I think the Bengals have to try to get back are Marvin Jones, Illoka, and Adam Jones. Those are the top 3 guys they need to try to sign back, if they can get them back then they should be able to deal with any of the other guys they lose and not really be hurting much.

I reversed course a little and I am with you on Iloka. I would like to keep him, no way I overpay him or pay him anything close to the tag. On Nelson, only at a Bengal Friendly price.

I still would let Pacman go, the Bengals need to make a stand against game losing behavior, Tez is too valuable and under contract, I would let Pacman walk.

I know you mentioned Marvin Jones in the next thread. I guess my question is what is a fair price for a middle of the road #2 WR?

Well, the way guys are able to step into the league now at that position, I'd let him walk.

I am also interested in seeing what a healthy James Wright does.

And I wonder if the Bengals have much confidence in any of the other WRs on the roster.

You know me, I struggle to understand the Bengals WR logic sometimes.

Speaking for fc, if the Bengals let Jones go who is the #2 and how big of a possible drop off is it?

I think it's a lot bigger of a drop off than people realize. One we have seen Dalton have his best two years both years Jones was the number 2 receiver. The two years he has been the number 2 receiver he has put up good numbers. Not to mention he basically had only played two years due to injury so he should keep getting better. Now I do admit him being injury prone scares me since he has only been healthy for 2 out of his 4 years.

The person who he compares to imo is Emmanuel Sanders when he was in Pittsburgh. So I do think it would be a drop off without him and has kind of been proven when he hasn't played.