Carson Williams and Larry Bird

Back in the 1970s Springs Valley High School in Indiana had a player who went on the be the best in the state. His name was Larry Bird. I saw Larry play once in high school and he put up like 44 points and 21 rebounds. He could also block shots.

I see a lot of that same player in Carson Williams at Owen County. Carson is actually much stronger than Larry was in high school and jumps higher. Both had high basketball IQs, unselfish, and team players.

Carson works at his game 24/7, and his outside shooting will continue to get better as he matures. I believe five years from now people in this state are going to look at NKU and see a lot of similarities to Indiana State after Larry left the asylum called IU. I think they might be talking Carson Williams being NKU's first NBA player.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said high school. Carson is just as good as Larry was in high school. I didn't say he will be an NBA Hall of Famer, just as a prepster he is on the same level. Small high schools, unselfish, on another level from other high school players. Just like Larry.

I said high school. Carson is just as good as Larry was in high school. I didn't say he will be an NBA Hall of Famer, just as a prepster he is on the same level. Small high schools, unselfish, on another level from other high school players. Just like Larry.

I don't need to see Larry play in high school to know that this is an unfair comparison for the kid.

If you have watched Carson play as many times as I have, you would see the similarities with Larry Bird as a high schooler and in college. I think Carson is BETTER than Rex Chapman as a senior in school. I coached against Chapman and he was great, but Carson is a more complete player.

If you have watched Carson play as many times as I have, you would see the similarities with Larry Bird as a high schooler and in college. I think Carson is BETTER than Rex Chapman as a senior in school. I coached against Chapman and he was great, but Carson is a more complete player.

Better than chapman?

Posts like this are why I don't think that there's any question that Carson will win Mr. BBall. I haven't seen this much excitement and hype about a kid in some time. Comparisons to Larry Bird; someone said he's better than Skal and Briscoe in another post. It's great for his Mr. BBall Candidacy, but some isn't realistic. He's a GREAT high school player. Not all great high school players transition into great college players, let alone NBA players. I don't even see that ceiling for him, and I've watched him about 5 times this season. I see a great fundamental high school player with strength and athleticism. He is 6'7" though. Not 6'10". At 6'7" he could be an undersized PF at the D1 level (and could thrive if he works hard), or could be a SF. His ball handling isn't that of a college wing right not (not great handling with or using his left hand yet), or agility. Now he can work on that, and if he does will be scary at the next level. Great kid! Great HS player! Mr. BBall. KY HS hall of famer. Future NBA and Larry Bird comparisons? That's stretching it.

Yes. Rex had one thing on his mind: shooting and dunking. He was great at both. He also cost his team a chance to win a state title because of his inability to play unselfishly. Even at UK, he never led them to anything other than an early exit in the NCAA, and then he bolted before the scandal rocked UK with Sutton.