Augusta Basketball 2009-20??

Someone suggested in the 39th district thread we start a thread Bach vs' Crawford.....Bad idea! I try not be negative toward anyone on this forum so I won't take that bait. However, I think it is important to set the record straight on Augusta Basketball for the last 8-9 years. First, I think it's important to understand that Augusta has approximately 60 male students in the entire HS and it's hardly been a recruiting Mecca lately or ever. Arguably most of the kids that have played here during this period for us would not have made a team at Mason, Campbell, Clark, etc. or even Bracken County let alone had a chance to actually get playing time. However, what they have achieved during this period, which is not over I hope, is nothing short of miraculous given the odds of ever happening at all: Five (5) successive trips to the Region, 2 very Unlikely Championships (we'd never beaten Mason in roughly 30 consecutive attempts and they we're ranked #1 in the Region and #10 in the State the last time), and 4 Runners-Up, and a Class A State Tournament appearance along with numerous 1st in Augusta Basketball history with Banners and trophies as proof, etc., etc. begs the question, who is responsible for this miracle?

Well, I'll let you in on a little secret that really isn't a secret if you know the game: NO ONE SINGLE PERSON:sssh: It has been primarily the TEAMS (collectively not just 5 or 6 kids 15+ kids every year who all contributed something), and the parents, and the fans and the community, and the administration, and the Coaches, and the Alumni, and a multitude of other people and reasons. Every single person involved should feel very, very proud of what they've accomplished thus far and most other programs should at least appreciate and aspire to these accomplishments against the odds. I truly hope everyone will finally understand this and let it rest but I know the debate will go on and that's why I started this thread, it frees up the 39th district thread to get back to the matters at hand and history can be debated here but not the facts. These TEAMS are collectively, Augusta's "Unforgettables"::clap:

Awesome, AndOneDad. Great synopsis! and the uniqueness of the Panther Den just makes the whole story feel like time travel make into a period of knowing and caring about your neighbors and their kids, rotary dial phones, transister radios, poodle skirts, and Jimmy Chitwood hitting that shot from the top of the key.

Well said AndOneDad! By the way Vinto Corleone, let us know the mental hospital or rehab or fairy tale land you live. I would like to send you a get well card.
What have I said for you to say that? Sounds like someone is upset basketball is king around here. Must've had a bad night at your sleep over.

Thankful for Augusta basketball the last few years. Nothing like seeing competitive games in the 39th district. Instead of the same old story of mason county beating everyone by 20 plus. Nothing like a great game with two teams giving it everything.
I'm a fan of anyone who plays Mason County LOL

Guru, please, please, please end the free trials. BGP is becoming besieged by refugees from topix and people who acquired their basketball accuity from alternative school recess games.......now, that's funny!

Cmon man if they do that I'll have to pay for this. You know how hard it is to get money these days I'm fighting a zombie apocalypse for god sake. Gimme a break man. :lol2: