District draws!

It's time for the districts that use the draw format to go to seeding in postseason tournaments. What sticks out is the 39th district girls draw. You have the #1 and #5 teams in the region playing in the opening round of the district tournament. What's so hard about playing round robin in your district to determine who plays who?

I like the idea of St Pat or Augusta getting a piece of the regional tournament gate...I dont know how all that is divided out but until/unless the bigger schools want to compensate all the schools in the districts then I would be surprised the smaller schools would vote to seed if they have a majority (or it's even) in their district.

No benefit generally for smaller schools in a district like this to seed, great potential upside on a blind draw.

I agree with BiggDaddy on this one, until the gate is shared, no reason to not go with a draw. Overall a much better percentage to get to a regional on most years.

No benefit generally for smaller schools in a district like this to seed, great potential upside on a blind draw.

I agree with BiggDaddy on this one, until the gate is shared, no reason to not go with a draw. Overall a much better percentage to get to a regional on most years.

This one....

I don't see how sharing the gate (which they should) should impact if there is a draw or seeding.

I agree for the low seed teams a draw increases the chances to make the region, but IMO that truly weakens the regional tournament and is really unfair to the top seeds in the district if they draw one another. I have no problem if the top teams eliminate themselves in the Region, but why eliminate one in the first game of the district? You're basically giving a bye to one of the stronger teams which isn't fair to everyone else in the regional tournament.