Camping Recommendations

afi100guy

As of last fall, we are officially campers (in the RV trailer sense of the word, no tents for us). We are looking forward to getting outdoors with the boys this summer. Looking for recommendations for campgrounds to go to, avoid, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

I also love the horse park. If you like pond fishing, there are a couple around that place if you're in the mood. We used to camp there all the time. Even back in the day when we went head to head in AAU in LexVegas :thumb:

I miss those days.

I also love the horse park. If you like pond fishing, there are a couple around that place if you're in the mood. We used to camp there all the time. Even back in the day when we went head to head in AAU in LexVegas :thumb:

I miss those days.

This is going to be my first year without AAU in 10 years. Crazy. Part of the reason to buy the camper.

we have camped (hotel on wheels) for about 8 or 9 years now. Some of our favorites locally (within about 5 hours and mostly less than 3)

Clifty Falls in Madison IN

Versailles State Park in IN

Kentucky Horse Park

Mammoth Cave

East Harbor State Park in OH

Hocking Hills

East Fork State Park in OH

Caesar Creek

Winton Woods

We are heading to Cumberland Falls State Park or Holly Bay for spring break. If we do Holly Bay, we'll take a day trip to the Falls. We usually camp with about 5 or 6 other RV's and have a great time.

This is going to be my first year without AAU in 10 years. Crazy. Part of the reason to buy the camper.

You are doing this all backwards buddy. Had a neighbor whose son played travel soccer. He took his camper and that's where he stayed. Saved him a ton of money.

The horse park is great in your area.

Twin Knobs campground at Cave Run Lake is really nice, but would be a trip for you to get to. That wouldn't be worth it for a weekend but if you are staying a week, maybe.

My family always enjoyed Carter Caves also, but again, long trip. Lots for the kids to do though between cave tours, horseback riding, mini golf, swimming, etc.

There is a nice campground in Georgetown that is fairly new called Whispering Hills. They will let you leave your camper on the campsite for $1 per day and then only pay for days you stay there when you return. It is a good deal if you want to go a couple times a month and not have to haul the camper back home each time. It is well run and the people that own it are very nice.

• 11 months later...