Tradition?

I have watched the Mason Co Royals boys basketball teams for many years, I have been thoroughly disappointed this year in the attitudes of the players and the behavior on the court. I am fed up with watching players disrespect the coaches, players, officials and at times even the spectators. I am most disappointed in the fact that they are tarnishing the tradition that myself and others have played for . The slogan "Tradition never graduates " is not true any longer . The current coaches and players don't seem to know what "Tradition" even means. The Mason Co. Royals name used to stand for a winning tradition but also stood for winning with class. We don't win or lose with that class anymore. I am disappointed in Coach Biggs and the lack of discipline he has brought to our program. After watching it for months now and hoping for a change I don't believe it's going to happen. Coach Biggs has continually let players disrespect him and others with no repercussions. When the Head Coach allows players to talk back and tell him what they are and are not going to do, when they completely ignore his instructions and nothing is ever done about it, it's time for a change. If not the same thing that happened at his last school will happen here, good kids/players will leave. I for one want to win but not at all cost. It's important to teach kids responsibility and accountability. That's not happening at all, the entire coaching staff lets this foolishness go on ! It's time for a change, either in the personnel or in the philosophy but something needs to change or the rich tradition of Mason Co basketball will be tarnished or completely lost. Coach Biggs needs to wake up and be a leader. We want to see these kids succed on and off the court. They need a leader that will hold them accountable and teach them discipline . Not someone who allows them to do whatever they want. I want the team and the program to be a success on and off the court, in my opinion and obviously the people at Ashlands opinion ( they fired him ) Buddy Biggs is not the man to accomplish that. Time for him to GO !

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been to every game this season, can't speak for talking back to the coaches. But I can say I have never seen one kid disrespect a spectator. The only game I remember players getting into it was during the Paris game. This team is completely different than teams of the past don't get me wrong, but I just can't see where you're coming from.

Seems to be a lot of disrespecting going around this year. Like I said in another thread, I think officials are calling tighter games so they don't let things get out of control like games have at some schools in Kentucky. And also, so no one is out of control and gets injured or injures another player. Ugly goodbye sign over the weekend from a very upset Grandmother. Being one myself who disapproved, how can you teach a child " Do as I say and not as I do". That line never works.

Seems to be a lot of disrespecting going around this year. Like I said in another thread, I think officials are calling tighter games so they don't let things get out of control like games have at some schools in Kentucky. And also, so no one is out of control and gets injured or injures another player. Ugly goodbye sign over the weekend from a very upset Grandmother. Being one myself who disapproved, how can you teach a child " Do as I say and not as I do". That line never works.

THIS. Let coaches coach. Do your job as spectator...shut up and support the team.

As far as the whole Traditon part goes, MC basketball is far from being where it was in 2001-2011 and to be quite honest I'm not sure if it'll ever get back to that point.

It all goes back to politics and I have inside connections to the MC athletic department so I know myself that it's true. If the Royals want to go back to being the basketball powerhouse that they once were they need to get back to basing playing time and spots on the team off of TALENT and ABILITY instead of who you are, what your last name is, and how much money you have.

With 45 applicants for the head coaching job last year and several with multiple state championships, you can't tell me that Biggs was the best option for the job.

I believe the MC motto is "Tradtion Never Graduates", well folks. I've got news for you, Traditon graduated and it happened a few years ago. The downward spiral is already in process.

Edited by Gomer Pyle