Questions Surround Teen's Death At E-Town Detention Center

Clyde

9-minute delay between finding her unresponsive and starting CPR.

Also had a brand new employee that had no idea what the CPR protocol is at the facility.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/kentucky-teen-martial-arts-restraint-death-article-1.2514538?utm_content=bufferbd52e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

A lot of questions need to be answered here. Based on what we have heard so far, there is no way to determine whether the martial arts hold had anything to do with her dying. Autopsy should be able to help out with that. I don't understand how if a prisoner (especially a juvenile) does not respond when trying to check on them, why you would not verify they are OK though...

• 1 month later...

Officials say video of her time in the center exists EXCEPT for the time of the scuffle where a martial arts hold was used on her. Camera for that area was broken.

One report says the restraint lasted for 4 minutes.

Report came out today saying the cause of death was a heart condition.

One employee has been fired. Six have been punished for not doing their job correctly.

Cause of death in a whole lot of cases is heart stoppage.

Officials say video of her time in the center exists EXCEPT for the time of the scuffle where a martial arts hold was used on her. Camera for that area was broken.

One report says the restraint lasted for 4 minutes.

Isn't that convenient?!

If her death was caused by the hold that restrained her, were would she be now, if she had obeyed the authorities? If you are under arrest, should you not obey an order given to you, unless it is something that puts you in danger? Did she die because she would not remove her hoodie?

If her death was caused by the hold that restrained her, were would she be now, if she had obeyed the authorities? If you are under arrest, should you not obey an order given to you, unless it is something that puts you in danger? Did she die because she would not remove her hoodie?

Not taking off your hoodie (or following any order) does not in and of itself make you "fair game" and "to blame" for a subsequent death.

The question seems to center around a few points: Was the "martial arts hold" appropriate for this type of situation(varying opinions on that) and would she have been alive had a)they checked on her as they were supposed to and b)they didn't wait to call EMS?

The "why" it started is really irrelevant in this case.

Not taking off your hoodie (or following any order) does not in and of itself make you "fair game" and "to blame" for a subsequent death.

The question seems to center around a few points: Was the "martial arts hold" appropriate for this type of situation(varying opinions on that) and would she have been alive had a)they checked on her as they were supposed to and b)they didn't wait to call EMS?

The "why" it started is really irrelevant in this case.

One should not die over such a trivial thing. I see it this way, first she should not have done something to put under arrest. If, unfortunately, you are arrested you obey the authorities, then the hold does not take place. I am not familiar with this hold, so I cannot pass judgement on whether or not it should have been used.

Why not do as you are told? Too many are belligerent toward the law and sometimes bad things happen. Maybe the hold should not have been used, but she put herself in this situation with a bad attitude.

One should not die over such a trivial thing. I see it this way' date=' first she should not have done something to put under arrest. If, unfortunately, you are arrested you obey the authorities, then the hold does not take place. I am not familiar with this hold, so I cannot pass judgement on whether or not it should have been used. Why not do as you are told? Too many are belligerent toward the law and sometimes bad things happen. Maybe the hold should not have been used, but she put herself in this situation with a bad attitude.[/quote']

Unless she was a danger to others the "why not do as your told" question is irrelevant .

Unless she was a danger to others the "why not do as your told" question is irrelevant .

Then the inmates get to run the place? Yes, do as your told by whoever is in charge. Your parents, your teachers, the police and especially the guards at the jail your housed in. Then the hold is not placed on you, you avoid the situation. How many would have avoided more jail time for disobedience or how many would be alive if they had obeyed those in charge. Put the blame where it belongs. Her actions had serious consequences.

Then the inmates get to run the place? Yes' date=' do as your told by whoever is in charge. Your parents, your teachers, the police and especially the guards at the jail your housed in. Then the hold is not placed on you, you avoid the situation. How many would have avoided more jail time for disobedience or how many would be alive if they had obeyed those in charge. Put the blame where it belongs. Her actions had serious consequences.[/quote']

Let's change it up since my point is not clear.

Girl doesn't remove her sweatshirt. Sweats at guard. Calls him vile names.

He shoots her in the head.

She and only she is at fault ?