Green County 79 Shelby Valley 66 (All "A" State 1st Rd.)

74 fouls called

9 players fouled out

104 free throws taken

72 made

8 of the 10 starters fouled out, this group was called for 47 fouls in total. :eek:

Shelby Valley had a non-starter foul out, only played 10 minutes.

Compton was credited with 48 pts, 17 boards, 4 asst, 3 stls.... and 9 TO's.... wow.

Was it bad refereeing? Were teams actively fouling as often as possible?

May not necessarily be bad officiating as it may have just been this group calls it different than what the teams are used to in the 5th and 15th. I might argue the 5th is the roughest in the state as far as letting 'em play, and I know the 15th is pretty physical as well.

Put a 9th Region crew on this game and I could totally see this happening. They call heavy breathing a foul up there.

It also could have a lot to do with SV having no answer for Compton, who is excellent at getting to the rim, and very aggressive.

I'd agree with Jim Schue. I didn't think it was poorly called. There were actually some more plays I thought they could have called fouls on but didn't. Neither team could really stay in front of the other and when they got to the rim they got hammered. This was particularly true for Comptom. He was easily the fastest player in the court, SC couldn't stay in front of him.