Highlands Junior Posts Perfect ACT Score

THUNDERBIRDS

Crazy! I live on a street that has 2 kids in med school and one with a job offer from NASA and none of them got a 36.

I remember the CCH kid who scored a perfect ACT score. Was it last year? If JOAT is correct and HHS has had 2 this year, then that would make 3 in the last 3-4 years at HHS. A female student who is now at Notre Dame Aced it a couple of years ago. Thats' crazy stuff!

From the article:

Donnie Adams, a junior, was perfect on his first attempt taking the ACT college readiness test.

Adams took the test in December for the first time at Highlands where the mascot is a Bluebird.

“For me I think the best strategy I had to prepare for it was looking at past tests and just always having a strong focus on education,” Adams said.

Adams shows up an hour early to school for a 7-8 a.m. Advanced Placement (AP) class. Adams is taking four AP classes after taking three AP classes over the course of his freshman and sophomore years.

Working on getting at least one of them to get in contact with you. Very nice of you 'ru to make this offer to them. Sure they will appreciate it very much.

Thanks JOAT, I really appreciate.

Quick story, when my daughter was on homecoming court I got to sit with everyone and the young lady sitting next to me got a non-perfect 35 on her ACT. I remember thinking to myself this chick is so much smarter than I am...

Donnie lived across the street from us from 2004 until his mother passed and they sold the house. She died way too young at 49 from cancer and she was a great woman. Donnie did have to deal with some pretty heavy personal issues as a youngster and it is nice to see this achievement.

My stepson played with Donnie and his brother Jonathan many a day and I remember he was over the house one night for a sleepover. My stepson was all jacked up to watch a particular sporting event and Donnie came in and asked us if he could watch a program on the NASA rocket launching that evening in another room. I just sat there with my mouth wide open, he was only like 10 yrs old I think. We set him up in the other room and he was glued to the TV. I knew right then that kid was a freakin genius. LOL

Congratulations to the Highlands kids with perfect ACT scores!

Fayette County public schools had nine students with perfect scores last year.

Nine students earn highest possible ACT score

One, Taylor Bagley, lives right across the street. I rarely saw him outside his house, and now I know why. :thumb:

He enrolled at Harvard last August.

Donnie lived across the street from us from 2004 until his mother passed and they sold the house. She died way too young at 49 from cancer and she was a great woman. Donnie did have to deal with some pretty heavy personal issues as a youngster and it is nice to see this achievement.

My stepson played with Donnie and his brother Jonathan many a day and I remember he was over the house one night for a sleepover. My stepson was all jacked up to watch a particular sporting event and Donnie came in and asked us if he could watch a program on the NASA rocket launching that evening in another room. I just sat there with my mouth wide open, he was only like 10 yrs old I think. We set him up in the other room and he was glued to the TV. I knew right then that kid was a freakin genius. LOL

Smart and confident. Did his own thing. That's a winning ticket right there.