Mercer County/Boyle County Predictions

Who wins this matchup?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

Undefeated and by some rankings #1 Mercer County comes to Boyle County this evening. While it may not be a rivalry at the level of Danville or Lincoln County this is still a pretty heated rivalry. Mercer County will pack the gym tonight and it will be a loud and rowdy and intense atmosphere. I expect a regional tournament type of atmosphere.

Can Boyle County hand Mercer County their first loss of the season?

Mercer will win this by 10 or more. I just don't think Elkins will be enough to contain all that Mercer has to offer. They look like a small college team out there. I would assume Boyle will run thier offense until they get the shot they want. In other words thier best defense could be thier offense. I still think Mercer will be too much. May be close early but as Mercer does in most games they wear you down! It should be a great HS atmosphere!

I think Boyle plays their game and hopes for the best...no gimmicks.

If Boyle can control the tempo I think they can be in the game in the 4th quarter. If Mercer controls the tempo, it could be an absolute beat-down for the Rebels.

Hopefully, Boyle can force Mercer into perimeter shooting and catch the Titans on an off night.

Mercer 69

Boyle 57