Really into the British crime/cop series' on Netflix

BigVMan23

Just finished another one last night call Happy Valley. I HIGHLY recommend it. Over the past several weeks have watched Luther, The Fall, River, Broadchurch. All very good, weakest one of the bunch was probably River (kind of an odd premise for the show) but even it was good. Not sure why they hold my attention better than American made crime dramas, but they do. Anyone else a fan?

I'm on the first episode. It's very good. The only problem I'm having is understanding the heavy British accents . They talk so fast in their Cockney dialect that all their words run together in a mumble sound.

Turn on CC.

I'm on the first episode. It's very good. The only problem I'm having is understanding the heavy British accents . They talk so fast in their Cockney dialect that all their words run together in a mumble sound.

And to me the lead character was the worst...man she could be hard to understand.

And the show went down a path I didn't anticipate...that could have played into why it was so good, at least for me.

Turn on CC.

Actually by the time I got into the other episodes I started understanding the dialogue a little better, but it takes a lot of concentration. Some of us good Southern Americans, preferably Appalachian, need to teach those Brits how to speak English, lol.

Most of them seem to think there's no reason for an R in a word because they rarely use it.

Started on The Fall about 4 pm yesterday and watched it until midnight. Got a few episodes left to finish the series. That's how these British series are.....once you start watching you can't stop until it's finished. Great acting, too.

Yep, thought you would like it.

Just finished "Run" the other night. Only 4 episodes about 50 minutes each. Very good acting and you really feel for several of the characters. Not really a crime/cop drama per se, but does have elements of that in it. Can sit and watch it all in a short evening. Catch it, you will like it.

Yep, thought you would like it.

Just finished "Run" the other night. Only 4 episodes about 50 minutes each. Very good acting and you really feel for several of the characters. Not really a crime/cop drama per se, but does have elements of that in it. Can sit and watch it all in a short evening. Catch it, you will like it.

Will do. The boss of the house had me watching Downton Abbey last year and now on KET. It's not a crime drama, more soap operish, but she loves most any British productions.

But when we start on these crime dramas it's hard to quit until they're finished.

We started on a series called Foyle's War a few nights ago and watched one episode. It was good but we decided to watch some of the other dramas series and return to it at a later time. It's a crime drama but each episode is a different story. The time period is early 1940s England, during the WWII.