2016 AAU Rosters

Who's playing where this year and how are some of the states teams shaping up? I know we had several threads like this last year and I'm excited to find out who I should get out and see when AAU season rolls around in about 2 months!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's playing where this year and how are some of the states teams shaping up? I know we had several threads like this last year and I'm excited to find out who I should get out and see when AAU season rolls around in about 2 months!

Most teams will be formed by the end of February. I've seen several try-out flyers with dates as late as the first week of March. Keep in mind the real club level season doesn't really kick off until the end of March.

Yeah I understand that. I just remember last year by this point some players had already committed to teams for the spring and summer. For example this year I've seen that Pedro Bradshaw and Tray Hollowell are going to Hoop Dreams and Day Day Sloan and Tavin Lovan are going to Team Thad out of Memphis. Didn't know who else was going where are how some of the bigger teams are filling out their rosters.

Anyone with Adidas Gauntlet knowledge know if there are different divisions of Gauntlet teams i.e. Gold/Silver? How many total teams in each division if there are indeed multiple levels of play? I hear there are 3 17U teams from KY now in Adidas circuit (Magic, HD, & Manimal) which is interesting Adidas has given the state that many spots.

Strictly going off of last season's rosters and what I've seen on Twitter, here's what I think everyone has for 17u:

Manimal - CVH, Peyton Broughton, Dylan Gaines

Magic - Jaylen Sebree, Jamill Wilson, JR Mathis, Chris Vogt, Chance Moore, Tony Jackson, Ramon Collins

Hoop Dreams - Jerryd Jones, Tray Hollowell, Dylan James, CJ Henagan, Pedro Bradshaw

That's all I've got on 17u and could be inaccurate. Seems like most of the teams should be finalizing rosters soon.

16U & 15U Nike EYBL is not really the same as 17U NIke EYBL (imo). So are these really just Nike dressed teams? And KY lost its' official Nike EYBL team?

There is not any 15U EYBL at all. You are also correct in that the 17U EYBL is different than 16U EYBL. 17U is limited to 40 teams/programs. They play a set schedule of games with divisions much like the NBA. This regular season is played over 4 events in the Spring and based on your W-L record you qualify for Peach Jam in July live period.

16U EYBL plays a traditional tournament style format also at 4 events in the Spring of which 3 are located at the same time/venue as 17U EYBL. The events are exclusive to Nike 16U teams, but the number is higher than 40. There is a scoring system at each event where you get points for victories in pool play, winning your pool, advancing to Final Four or winning the tourney. After each tourney you have a point total and you qualify with points for Peach Jam based on your top two event scoring totals.

15U Nike dressed team/16U NIKE EYBL team/ no 17U team this year due to tough competition to be in the Top 40 of Nike program teams. Continued having a NIKE contract with significant Nike sponsorship package, including funding for travel budget. Hope that helps clear up any confusion from those speculating or guessing.

Strictly going off of last season's rosters and what I've seen on Twitter, here's what I think everyone has for 17u:

Manimal - CVH, Peyton Broughton, Dylan Gaines

Magic - Jaylen Sebree, Jamill Wilson, JR Mathis, Chris Vogt, Chance Moore, Tony Jackson, Ramon Collins

Hoop Dreams - Jerryd Jones, Tray Hollowell, Dylan James, CJ Henagan, Pedro Bradshaw

That's all I've got on 17u and could be inaccurate. Seems like most of the teams should be finalizing rosters soon.

On paper you have to think the Magic has the most talent. If they had Trace Young that is a very big team in addition to all being D1 prospects.