Best Players You Saw Play In ALL A State Classic Tournament.

1996 had as good of a collection of D-1 talent as a whole as any All-A I can remember

UHA-Barnes, Victor, Swanagam, and Michael Forrest (MVP),

LexCath had David Graves (Shawn Fields was injured and didnt plain LexCath's first round loss to Owen Co)

Paintsville-the eventual '96 state champs, but got knocked out early in the state All-A by Harlan, had VanHoose and Tackett with a strong supporting cast.

Owen County had Jason Sharp who could have played D-1 but went on to play baseball at EKU, he was the all time leading scorer at Owen despite missing his entire junior year due to a knee injury, a record that stood until very recently when a certain Carson Williams came along.

Only been going to this tourney the last 3 years, some of the best players I saw included.....

Evan Hall & Cam Justice (Knott Co.), Devonte Grundy (Bardstown), Matt Rose & Drew Trimble (Lexington Christian Academy), Dominique Mack (Lou. Holy Cross), Christen Cunningham (Cordia), Carson Williams (Owen Co.), Conner Hoskins (Buckhorn),

........as well as a host of NewCath players. :lol2:

Only been going to this tourney the last 3 years, some of the best players I saw included.....

Evan Hall & Cam Justice (Knott Co.), Devonte Grundy (Bardstown), Matt Rose & Drew Trimble (Lexington Christian Academy), Dominique Mack (Lou. Holy Cross), Christen Cunningham (Cordia), Carson Williams (Owen Co.), Conner Hoskins (Buckhorn),

........as well as a host of NewCath players. :lol2:

I'm surprised by this.

A player from my home school, Jeff "Moose" Moore, has the most points scored in an All A state tournament. He scored 115 points vs Lexington Catholic, Harlan, Maysville, and University Heights as he led Owsley County to the 1990 runner-up at Memorial Coliseum. He was named MVP of the tournament.

He also has the record for most free throws totals made in a tournament, and held the rebound record for many years before it was finally broken. He went on to play at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Florida and has his jersey retired at that school. He is now a pilot for United Airlines.

Moose was named First Team All State for the '89-90 season in the Lexington H-L and the Louisville C-J.