Bob Dole: Ted Cruz worse for GOP than Donald Trump

Hellcats

Who will be the next former Republican Presidential candidate to voice their dissatisfaction with the current Republican field? McCain? Romney? Folks.....Dole, McCain, and Romney are three of the worst candidates in history. They do NOT get it.

And Trump and Cruz are better than those three? I'm listening.

Depends on your view. Bob is an establishment Repub. He wants the establishment guys to win. Cruz and Trump aren't.

Trump is a one shot deal. He wins he serves; he loses he's back to building hotels and the Republican Party lives to fight another day.

But it seems like Dole believes Cruz has no shot and he will be a plague on the Republican house for years to come: Attempting to run and win, shutting down the government, and acting like a pain in the rear. Not to mention Cruz is liked by his side of the voting aisle, but has few friends in Washington that would want to help out once he got there.

Dole is right on this one.

Depends on your view. Bob is an establishment Repub. He wants the establishment guys to win. Cruz and Trump aren't.

Trump is a one shot deal. He wins he serves; he loses he's back to building hotels and the Republican Party lives to fight another day.

But it seems like Dole believes Cruz has no shot and he will be a plague on the Republican house for years to come: Attempting to run and win, shutting down the government, and acting like a pain in the rear. Not to mention Cruz is liked by his side of the voting aisle, but has few friends in Washington that would want to help out once he got there.

Dole is right on this one.

I don't think Cruz has many GOP friends in Congress. That's Dole's point.

If you were responsible for running a large organization and needed a replacement for yourself, do you find someone from within that understands how things get done in large organizations or do you hire the guy with no real experience with getting things done because he says he has a better widget? The safe bet is to hire from within. Hiring from outside the company creates chaos for those that remain.

Anyone know of a link to a site that tried to estimate how close Dole might have been in 1996 if Perot hadn't been in the race? If I remember right, he took about ten percent of the vote in a lot of states that year.

If I recall correctly, the analysis was that Perot had no impact on the final result. His voters were split equally. Half would have voted for Clinton and half would have voted for Dole.

Anyone know of a link to a site that tried to estimate how close Dole might have been in 1996 if Perot hadn't been in the race? If I remember right, he took about ten percent of the vote in a lot of states that year.

Perot received 8 million votes nationally. Dole lost by 8 million votes. There's no way all 8 million would have voted for Dole. So Perot running didn't really matter other than to provide some comic relief.