Simon Kenton 60 Williamstown 56

Final from Independence.

Demons led by four after three quarters, and had several opportunities to extend the margin, but were unable to hang on to the lead. Four consecutive turnovers put the Pioneers ahead by three with a couple minutes left, and clutch free throw shooting preserved the win.

Stanley led all scorers with 18 for Williamstown, followed by Hawkins' team high 17.

SK

Hawkins- 17

Fries- 14

Kelch- 9

Cottrell- 8

Sammons- 5

Sargent, Kitchens, Parry- 2 each

WHS

Stanley- 18

Cipollone- 16

Montgomery- 10

Parsons- 9

Fernandez- 3

I do not understand the Pioneers this year??????????!

They appeared as though they would have rather been studying for a test tonight. They have all the pieces to contend at the regional level, but they have to get their heads in the game. Regardless of the final score, they got the win, and perhaps a reminder that they have to show up in order to make a run at Rupp.

Harden gets more out of his kids than anyone I've seen coach in this area. He has had to play middle school kids and has no height when compared to the rest of the teams in his district. Very surprised a larger school hasn't come calling. Not disparaging the Williamstown kids but I'd like to see what he could do at a large school that has numbers.