Highlands vs. Holy Cross tonight at HHS

Coming off a tough loss to NCC I think Holy Cross wins this one in a tight contest, McClendon is tough to handle and if she takes control early in the game HHS will have trouble. I could be wrong because HHS is a good team and they play smart, I just think Holy Cross will be to much for them. But I could be wrong especially if HHS gets hot from 3 point land.

If HC struggled to score against Beechwood and NCC, I assume that struggle will continue with the strength of the Birds being their defense. HC will have to be able to shoot the ball outside to be successful.

However, HC defense is no slouch either. It will come down to the shooting of the Birds and if they can stretch HC out on defense. If they do, they win. If they don't, it will be a long, low scoring night for both teams.

If HC struggled to score against Beechwood and NCC, I assume that struggle will continue with the strength of the Birds being their defense. HC will have to be able to shoot the ball outside to be successful.

However, HC defense is no slouch either. It will come down to the shooting of the Birds and if they can stretch HC out on defense. If they do, they win. If they don't, it will be a long, low scoring night for both teams.

I agree with having trouble scoring against Beechwood but they scored 50 points against NCC to my that's not having trouble scoring. I agree Highlands will have to shoot well to beat them but even in a zone McClendon got to the rim.

I agree with having trouble scoring against Beechwood but they scored 50 points against NCC to my that's not having trouble scoring. I agree Highlands will have to shoot well to beat them but even in a zone McClendon got to the rim.

46 in regulation and that's with a heave 3 pointer at the end of the game.

"McClendon triple from a good 27 feet......NBN"

McClendon may have 30 tonight, but HHS has always contained her...even when she had all the help and the focus wasn't on her. She is a great player, but she will get the attention tonight for sure.

McClendon may have 30 tonight, but HHS has always contained her...even when she had all the help and the focus wasn't on her. She is a great player, but she will get the attention tonight for sure.

Holy Cross doesn't put up a lot of points anyway but 46 points in a girls game is a lot of points in my opinion.

The few games I have watched her play this year her outside shooting has surprised me.

That's my quote from the update thread, and it was from every bit of that distance.....I was shocked when she let it fly from that far away.

I found it completely strange that she barely tried to drive the lane all night. Breds defense was good, but she could have forced the issue by taking it to the hole more than what she did.

Will @RCC9 be dressed in disguise tonight?........or since the game is in the Fort, he feels a bit more safe. :lol2:

I will be there for all three with bells on! They all know where to find me! Don't need to search for me at a home Bball game.

A heave? I wouldn't say it was a heave. A heave is generally a shot that thrown towards the basket in desperation attempting to make it. I would say this was open shot (admittedly much further out than anyone is use to her shooting) and NCC's didn't think she would take it but she did and fortunately it gave those in attendance some bonus play.